Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Question about Glider Chair w/ Ottomans or Rocking Chairs?

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:14 PM
  • 9 Replies

So when I was pregnant with my first we went all out. We set up a nursery and had it all. (Most of which weren't used) I also purchased a Glider chair with Ottoman. I nursed in it often. I liked it, but eventually did get rid of it when we downsized to a smaller house. So I didn't have one for my second son, or my daughter. For this pregnancy I have purchased very little. We have however purchased everything that I know we needed. So we are done shopping until after baby is born. I certainly have lived and learned as far as what to get and what is pointless. I am struggling with the idea of getting either a rocking chair or another glider. It honestly has been so long, I don't remember how useful it was. So I would love opinions! Is it worth the money? Did you use it often enough to make it worth it? Any opinions would be welcomed!

FYI Here is the Gliders. I can get a good one for anywhere from $150-200

Here are some of the rockers I was looking at. I can get a good one for $70-80

by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bebe_ju-rah
by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I had one with Dd and found it horribly uncomfortable.The back was way too straight.
MMerrill
by Melissa on May. 11, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I have one like the first picture and I haven't really used it, I do love it though.

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Check on craigslist and see if you can find a used one for cheaper. I bought one with Belle (my almost 8yr old) and I sitll have it. It's in great condition but I really need to get new cushions for it. 

LiquidLuck
by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a glider and I absolutely love it. My youngest was exclusively breastfed so I sat in it for hours and hours every single day. Not complaining!

NoraDun
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Yea this is kinda my problem! I like them, would love one, but I dont want to waste money on something I wont use LOL Grrr decisions decisions :)

Quoting MMerrill:

I have one like the first picture and I haven't really used it, I do love it though.

MMerrill
by Melissa on May. 11, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine was a gift or I definitely wouldn't have bought it myself lol

Quoting NoraDun:

Yea this is kinda my problem! I like them, would love one, but I dont want to waste money on something I wont use LOL Grrr decisions decisions :)

Quoting MMerrill:

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

amy31308
by Ashlee on May. 12, 2013 at 9:24 AM
I'd just rather use the lazy boy in the living room. So much more comfortable! I didn't like using a glider.. my butt and back always hurt.
CelestialSong
by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I have a glider and have never really used it. It takes up too much room, it's not all that comfortable, and if my feet are up on the ottoman I can't get the chair to glide very well because the ottoman glides too. I'd much rather have a regular rocking chair if I was deciding between the two.

NoraDun
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Thanks so much ladies! I think you all have helped me decide against it. The idea is great, but I really dont want to spend money on something I wont use!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)