Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Morning sickness rant

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 2:49 AM
  • 14 Replies

Ugh "morning sickness" whoever came up with that name needs slapped.... should be renamed to "all day sickness". If I'm hungry I feel nauseated and gag until I eat food, then I vomit.... then I am hungry again, gag more so I eat, then vomit again.... What the heck is up with that?! When will this be over :(

Update:

So today (Tuesday), finally is the first day that I have not felt any sickness yet (trying not to get my hopes up since I've only been up for about 2 hours) but.... the thing is, I have not taken my prenatal vitamin yet... could the prenatal vitamins be causing my morning/all day sickness?

baby growth
by on May. 12, 2013 at 2:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lili0509
by on May. 12, 2013 at 3:14 AM

Don't worry, it'll be over soon! I sound so calm about it now but I lost close to 20 lbs because of my morning sickness! I was sick all day, everyday for about 1.5 months. Some ppl might think its not that much, but try having the flu and starving for a more than a day...everthing made me sick. Saltine crackers seemed to help a bit and I know, its miserable...but don't worry, soon you will start to feel better :) Im 6.5 mnths along right now.

leew8372
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 3:42 AM

Oh my goodness... 1.5 months :-( It's only been happening for me for 2.5 days! This is way worse than when I actually had stomach flu 3 months ago....

Quoting Lili0509:

Don't worry, it'll be over soon! I sound so calm about it now but I lost close to 20 lbs because of my morning sickness! I was sick all day, everyday for about 1.5 months. Some ppl might think its not that much, but try having the flu and starving for a more than a day...everthing made me sick. Saltine crackers seemed to help a bit and I know, its miserable...but don't worry, soon you will start to feel better :) Im 6.5 mnths along right now.

baby growth
Lili0509
by on May. 12, 2013 at 3:53 AM

Ohhhh lol sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, but it really does just depend on the woman, this is my second, and with my son, I felt great. There was a period of around 3 weeks where it was difficult to get out of bed without feeling sick but that was it. Have you talked to your doctor? There's pills to help.

Quoting leew8372:

Oh my goodness... 1.5 months :-( It's only been happening for me for 2.5 days! This is way worse than when I actually had stomach flu 3 months ago....

Quoting Lili0509:

leew8372
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 4:00 AM

Not yet, it wasn't so bad on Friday, dr. office is closed Saturdays and that is when it got so much worse. I actually just found some gingerale and crackers here at work and this seems to be helping quite a bit..

Oh also, I just want to add all you pregnant women out there, I highly suggest not throwing up in a toilet with an automatic flush... :( Toilet water vomit splash is the grossest thing ever!

mommietwobe
by on May. 12, 2013 at 11:05 AM
I was horrible with the sickness with my first daughter mainly at 4am which was nice timing because it came at the same time all the time for the first three months. My second daughter for the first three-four months it was all day and it was bad. I lost five pounds every appt. they gave me these pills you take with the prenatal a and helps keep it down. I threw up food, cereal, water everything. All I could keep down was ice so I are I've for 9 months. I'm currently 2 months now and no sickness no anything but Tired and hungry. So hopefully this is a Boy. But it usually ends after the first trimester and the doc can give you pills that help with the pain.
SafariSun
by on May. 12, 2013 at 11:14 AM

My all day sickness and gagging started at 6 weeks and got somewhat better at 12 weeks. My gagging just let up 3 days ago and I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow. Your doctor can prescribe you some meds if it doesn't let up for you. I had to take zofran, but be warned you have to take miralax with that bcuz it causes bad constipation. I didn't think I could get through it(this is my first) but I did. You'll make it mama!! Hang in there. 

LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 11:35 AM
I had the all day sickness with my first pregnancy, for about 2 months and lost quite a bit of weight and NOTHING helped.
I couldn't even eat just to have something to come back up....I had to drink flavored water like mad just so I wasn't just puking up stomach acid and the flavored water helped it not taste horrible when in threw up.

I had twins though, so everything for me was magnified by a million.
It'll get better, just be patient.
threat
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 5:07 PM
I hope your not like me... with my first and third pregnancy I had all day sickness until I was 7 months... now I'm 6 weeks pg with my 4th and this morning I started throwing up... I hope it's not as bad... good luck though
NDADanceMom
by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:17 PM
I felt better around 10 weeks
Jessicataylor02
by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Mine lasted the first three months.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN