Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

braxton hicks - how many is 2 many @ 5months

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 10:13 AM
  • 12 Replies

i am currently 22w5d, and i've been feeling quite a bit of braxton hicks today. i've recently started tracking them. since 9:30am-est, i had 3 so far. i had some earlier as well, but didnt track it. how many is too many?

by on May. 12, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shell.bell
by on May. 12, 2013 at 10:16 AM
I had them every day many times a day since 16 weeks when I was pregnant with my 4th. Had him at 36 weeks.
3kidz123
by on May. 12, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Um it's time to go in if they get regular and don't weeken or space out with activety change. If they are regular and start to get stronger go straight to the ER because it could be early labor. By regular I mean 15 min apart or closer with no change with activity you should try to stop them!

-Drink a large glass of water in a half hour and a glass every hour after till the stop

-Take a warm epsom salt bath

-Take a cal/mag supplement daily can help prevent them

-If you have rescue remedy or calms forte take taht and lay down it should help :)

5tyli5hLensT
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Thats usually how many I have some days more :/ Its my 3rd baby so my doc says thats to be expected.

imjustme28
by on May. 12, 2013 at 1:40 PM

yea they are still happening. i did have a few hr break but now its back. i get off work in an hr so hopefully when i relax at home it will get better.

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 2:30 PM
My doctor once told me to get it checked if I had more than 6 in an hour.
Mommy2beQua
by on May. 12, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Are you due on the 10th of September?
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

They say 6 in an hour is too many! I have experienced BH 4-5 min apart during the second and third trimester for an hour or more before. So I generally don't get concerned. If you have more then 6 an hour and they become more painful then I would call your Doc. Meanwhile take it easy and drink plenty of water!

wkukid
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 9:35 PM
I was told if I had 4 within a hour to call in and be checked out. So far the most I've had was three.
smorgan865
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 9:41 PM

When I started having them at 30something weeks, my midwife told me to call them if I was having more then 5 in an hour. 

KayelynnsMama
by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:00 AM

My doctor has always said 6 in an hour is too many.

They shouldn't be time-able or consistent. Just random here and there. Make sure you are drinking a ton of water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN