Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Feel uneasy during pregnancy help please

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:43 AM
  • 45 Replies

I was told to post here since i'll get more positive stories.

PLEASE BUMP IF YOU CAN"T RELATE THANKS LADIES!!

So everything started with me when I found out the gender of the baby, it's a girl, I have always wanted a girl, this is my last pregnancy since dh and I have one son together and he has a son from a previous marriage. well idk how to explain this, but every time I pick something up for the nursery I get like a sick feeling in my stomach, I guess you can say like a nervous stomach type thing, Idk how to explain it, it's like I want to completely avoid doing anything for baby because I'm scared that's my body telling me something bad is going to happen. I do suffer from anxiety & some slight depression, but I just can't shake the thought that I won't be coming home with my daughter, even when people talk about her arrival I get a nervous stomach almost like I want to puke. It's so very strange since I haven't had this with my first, I was blissfully ignorant to any possibility of anything going wrong.

I believe this all started when I read stories of mothers going into labor and finding out that their little ones passed away the day before and that scares me, and makes me feel like it's bound to happen to me. setting things up for the baby throws me into a whirl of emotions, and I again get that sick feeling in my stomach.When people say her name I feel this way also.

the best way I can describe it, is when you found out your bf has been cheating on you, or that he doesn't want to be with you anymore, I associated it with that feeling because back when I was younger I'd get that feeling, and the thought of them being with someone else made me sick.

Also the closer to my due date the more scared and worried I get since I can't even Imagine myself giving birth or even looking at her )=

So please if you have felt this way please help ease my mind!! I'd love to hear POSITIVE stories since I'm only three weeks away from my induction date and can't handle hearing anything negative. Thank you all so very much and please pray for us!

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chasesmum3109
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 1:16 AM

BUMP!

Chasesmum3109
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 1:21 AM

BUMP!

lucyblue202
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 1:23 AM

I think it's normal. Since the moment I found out I'm pregnant I was terrified of something happening to my baby. I have worried every day about everything from miscarriage to still birth to having her not develop properly.. you name it, I've worried about it! Since entering the 3rd trimester I am not so worried about my baby but have now focused all my worry on the labor/birth. I am so scared something will happen to her! I think it is normal as a mother to worry but sometimes I feel like I'm worrying too much. Just know you are not alone. Just try to think that in 3 weeks you will give birth to your beautiful baby girl and you will wonder why you were worrying so much for nothing!

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 1:25 AM

I was super scared with my last baby. Very nervous of something going wrong and losing him. But he's now a healthy 8 week old! :-) *hugs* Try to find things to distract you and get your mind off of it. When I got like that I'd get out my camera and start taking pictures of my daughters or I would call someone to chat or set up a playdate for the kiddos. Also, if you haven't already I would talk to your husband about it so he knows how you're feeling and can be someone for you to turn to when you begin getting scared or nervous.

Chasesmum3109
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Yea but I feel that my worry is a little obsessive. I was just starting to feel better these past few days and got shot down today with a negative story. I was actually letting myself get excited. I just have this sick feeling in my stomach, like the thought of losing my baby makes me sick to my stomach )=  I wish I could make it go away. And i feel the same way about labor and delivery, I'm just so scared to lose control I guess you can say. and this is even my second and I had no worries with him at all.

Quoting lucyblue202:

I think it's normal. Since the moment I found out I'm pregnant I was terrified of something happening to my baby. I have worried every day about everything from miscarriage to still birth to having her not develop properly.. you name it, I've worried about it! Since entering the 3rd trimester I am not so worried about my baby but have now focused all my worry on the labor/birth. I am so scared something will happen to her! I think it is normal as a mother to worry but sometimes I feel like I'm worrying too much. Just know you are not alone. Just try to think that in 3 weeks you will give birth to your beautiful baby girl and you will wonder why you were worrying so much for nothing!

CafeMom Tickers
angela84
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Are you googling or searching for these horror stories or are random people telling you their bad stories? If you are googling in search of them then that would definitely not help your thinking process. Sorry you have to go through that, but Im sure your baby and you will be just fine and weeks from now when you are holding her in your arms, you will hate that you spent so much time worrying and not enjoying this experience with your baby. Good luck to you!

Chasesmum3109
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 1:43 AM

aww, I'm glad everything turned out ok for you!! I just can't even bring myself to go out and do things, I know i'm depressed and I was even before I got pregnant, so going to do things with my son really takes a toll on me and I feel so horrible for it. This all started about a yr or so ago and I feel so bad about it, like my son wants to get up and do things and I don't feel like it, I have talked to my dr I was trying medications before I got pregnant but had to stop because they weren't safe. I try to distract myself, but the thought is always in the back of my mind )=

Quoting GodsAmiga:

I was super scared with my last baby. Very nervous of something going wrong and losing him. But he's now a healthy 8 week old! :-) *hugs* Try to find things to distract you and get your mind off of it. When I got like that I'd get out my camera and start taking pictures of my daughters or I would call someone to chat or set up a playdate for the kiddos. Also, if you haven't already I would talk to your husband about it so he knows how you're feeling and can be someone for you to turn to when you begin getting scared or nervous.

CafeMom Tickers
Chasesmum3109
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 1:48 AM

I'm only googling the way i'm feeling and trying to find other moms who felt the same way as me. I have found reassurance and found others feeling the same way I do, but then I find some who had a bad outcome who felt similar to what I feel so that plays over and over in my head. It's very hard to shake the negative stories you see and hear from others.

Quoting angela84:

Are you googling or searching for these horror stories or are random people telling you their bad stories? If you are googling in search of them then that would definitely not help your thinking process. Sorry you have to go through that, but Im sure your baby and you will be just fine and weeks from now when you are holding her in your arms, you will hate that you spent so much time worrying and not enjoying this experience with your baby. Good luck to you!

CafeMom Tickers
petitekatie
by on May. 13, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Is there a reason you are getting induced?

Chasesmum3109
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 1:52 AM

yes.

Quoting petitekatie:

Is there a reason you are getting induced?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)