Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Afterpains (PIOG)

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 5:11 AM
  • 7 Replies
Do these get worse with each baby? What do you do to cope with them. After I had our 2nd child I had some of thee worst after pains ever. I would almost go to my knees they hurt so bad. It lasted a long time too like 4 weeks. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do? My Dr then told me to take Ibuprofen. It was like taking a flintstone vitamin. It didn't help whatsoever. I am really sensitive to medicine, Tylenol makes me sleep.

by on May. 13, 2013 at 5:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
NDADanceMom
by on May. 13, 2013 at 5:50 AM
I alternated Tylenol and Motrin. Why the vitamin? That isn't going to help pain.
amy31308
by Ashlee on May. 13, 2013 at 8:27 AM
I'm really dreading after pain. This is my 3rd and or was awful with my second as well.
Mariah-1987
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 8:47 AM
With my second they were pretty bad. A week or so after I got home I had 1 so bad that I had to put dd2 in her crib and have dd1 go get my mom. It was really weird lasted for a half hr and was worst then any labor pain I have ever had. I took excederine and it went away. I hope that doesn't happen this time.
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:20 AM

My first they were not that bad. My second they bugged me a bit. My third I barely even felt them. My midwife gave me some natural stuff to ease them. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head. But I also used it for cramps when I get them. But I ran out. I need to ask her again the name of it. So I can get some more.

Theemom
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes!! They get worse. I had no idea until baby number 3!!  I am pregnant with #5 I already plan to stay the fullest at the hospital. Just rest. I'm surprise your doctor did not persribe you medication :(

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Oh they for sure get worse every time. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heather2001
by Heather on May. 13, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Mine got worse with each baby, but they only last a day or two for me.  Do you breastfeed?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured