Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Almost 32 Weeks Pregnant

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:50 AM
  • 6 Replies

I'm almost 32 weeks and the last 2 days I have been having horrible lower back pain......This morning I started feeling menstrual cramps in my lower abdomen.  Yesterday I went for a stress test and a biophysical ultrasound and everything went great.  However this is my 3rd pregnancy and it is totally different from my first 2.  I have to go 2x a week for the stress tests and ultrasounds do to a delay in growth with this one.  I haven't been able to quit smoking with this one, now grant it I didn't smoke at all with the other 2.  What I'm trying to get at is...........are these pains that I am having normal or maybe do I have something to worry about??  

*lower back pain (which wakes me out of a dead sleep) 

*menstrual cramps in lower abdomen.......my belly isn't hardening and the baby is still moving

by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
beetleswife1313
by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:52 AM

I started getting them when i was near my due date.  I felt like i was going to get my period.  I was told they are small contractions.  I got them for a few weeks too.  So it could just mean the same for you.  Baby is coming soon. 

Larsbug
by Laura on May. 15, 2013 at 9:29 AM

they could be braxton hicks and it could be a sign baby is getting ready to come...the pains all sound pretty normal for a 3rd trimester pregnancy. If you are concerned about them though, give your doctor a call, that's what they are there for.

mammaci
by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I am 32 weeks on friday and let me tell you I posted about this in my July 2013 group I feel like I am getting the period of my life or the stomach bug! So far everything seems just like lo is getting ready to come and I am not panicky, but like a not first time mom knows ....you feel water gush, you bleed, you get real contractions stuff like this you call.

Audrey_weber
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Thanks everyone......my back is still killing me but the period pains in my lower abdomen aren't there right now.....
mrsp1212
by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:14 AM

I'm 32 weeks too and my lower back kills!  I don't remember it hurting this much w/ my daughter, I exercise an everything and it still kills me, earlier today I felt like I could barely stand upright.  It seems normal, we are carrying a huge weight.

Audrey_weber
by on May. 20, 2013 at 9:38 PM
The other day I had a Braxton hicks contraction actually 2.......1 radiated all the way into my back and boy did it hurt like crazy and the 2nd one radiated down the front of my thighs and once again it hurt pretty bad........does anyone else get Braxton hicks like these??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)