Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Remind me why Im going for a vbac. Update!

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:43 AM
  • 14 Replies
It would be so easy to go in today and schedule caesarean. I'd know when she's coming and won't have to deal with labor. oh man, I'm dreading labor. Stay strong, Stacey. You can do this!!;

I'm 39.4. I had a section due to failure to progress. After my appt this morning, I'm back on track and determined to have my vbac. My OB is an idiot. My cervix is sealed up so he tries to tell me I don't have a chance for vaginal. I wanted to punch him in the fucking face. He scheduled my cesarean for 41.5. I'm not going to that appt. He doesn't realize what he's doing to women by taking away their chance for TOL. I'm pissed and considering calling a woman's hospital an hour away and ask about their vbac options and if they have midwives. I'm just nervous about traveling that far during labor.
by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
your_angel
by on May. 15, 2013 at 10:52 AM
You CAN do this? How far along are you? Are you just waiting for labor to occur naturally?

I wish you luck mama don't give up on your vbac just yet. I hope you are able to have a sucessful one!
WndrlndsPenguin
by on May. 15, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Good Luck momma!

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 11:24 AM

good luck. i'm not looking forawrd to my scheduled c section!

SSMama0209
by on May. 15, 2013 at 11:33 AM
2 moms liked this

I had a VBAC with my DS and am planning one with this little guy. It's worth it. Less recovery time and no major surgery. Yes it hurts, but it's worth it :)

WonderWomanSV
by on May. 15, 2013 at 1:00 PM
I'm 39.4. I had a section due to failure to progress. After my appt this morning, I'm back on track and determined to have my vbac. My OB is an idiot. My cervix is sealed up so he tries to tell me I don't have a chance for vaginal. I wanted to punch him in the fucking face. He scheduled my cesarean for 41.5. I'm not going to that appt. He doesn't realize what he's doing to women by taking away their chance for TOL. Oh, I'm pissed and considering calling a hospital over an hour away to see what their VBAC options and views are.

Quoting your_angel:You CAN do this? How far along are you? Are you just waiting for labor to occur naturally?

I wish you luck mama don't give up on your vbac just yet. I hope you are able to have a sucessful one!
Emilytrademark
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Everytime I question my decision for natural childbirth (it would be so much easier to just go in and get it done right now!) I watch the Business of Being Born. Yeah, I've seen it a ton of times lol

As impatient as I am and as uncomfortable as I am, I know that natural childbirth is the best option for my child. It's been a long road of studying and searching during this pregnancy, and I've fought really hard to ensure that I have the experience that I want and that my baby deserves. My birthing destination is 40 minutes from my house, so I feel your nervousness when it comes to travelling far. I've had the most ridiculous time getting my maternity leave scheduled at work. Apparently, I am the only employee who has gone into labor naturally (without a scheduled induction or c-section). Sometimes, I really just want to give up and take the easy way out, but we can't do that as parents, can we?

Keep your chin up, and fight for the birth you want. It will be worth it in the end, and you will thank yourself for the effort you've put in. It's sad that women have to fight this hard to experience something so normal and wonderful, and I think our medical system is doing women a massive disservice by pushing inductions, c-sections, and other medical interventions on women and clouding up what is supposed to be one of the most powerful, wonderful experiences that life has to offer.

BabyFruit Ticker
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on May. 15, 2013 at 2:12 PM

You can do this, mama!!!

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Mine didn't dilate until 42w 2d :)  

A VBAC, for me, was 1,000 times better than my first C-section.  The thrill of going into labor was something I didn't want to miss.  

elly.H
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:24 PM
GET A NEW DR, I did. And I would even do it today. Screw him this is suppose to be special
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Good luck with everything girl! I'd deff go the hour out of my way if it improved my chances of getting what I wanted!  GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)