Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Am I crazy? Vba2c

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 10:33 AM
  • 6 Replies
I'm 20 wks and just realized that the medical university here does "high risk" vbacs. Here's my brief story on dd1 birth...
Water broke with meconium at 39 wks. Minor contractions I couldn't even feel so pitocin was started. Over the next 20 + hrs I only dilated to 5 cm maxed out on pitocin, contractions never got strong enough. Ultimately my cervix swelled and I got a fever so at 23 hrs I had a cs.
With dd2, ob said I had some acronym that meant my hips didn't separate to allow delivery with first and I could try a vbac but she didn't feel it'd be successful so I chickened out and scheduled a cs.
This time around (2-3 yrs later), I'm 39. Am I crazy to think just maybe I could attempt a vbac given my circumstances? Any resources would be appreciated. I joined the vbac group but haven't had time to look through posts.
by on May. 15, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
thecubanator
by on May. 15, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Yay for someone else wanting to a VBA2C! You're not crazy. I think the best thing to do is just to do your research about it and don't be afraid to ask the doctor questions. Everyone's situation is different. DS1 I got to 9.5 cm before he called it quits and his heart rate kept dropping and DS2, I had extreme pain unrelated to the pregnancy that I opted for c-section. So hopefully in 3.5ish weeks I will have a successful story to share :-) The other big thing for this one is that I found out I was pregnant with this baby when my DS2 was only 6 months old. So not a lot of time to heal for this next round :-)

The VBAC group has a bunch of great ladies in it who have lots of information and will always answer any questions!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

SSMama0209
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 11:32 AM

BUMP!

mushmom
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Bump
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:11 PM
I've had 2 VBA2Cs. Go for it.
MMerrill
by Melissa on May. 15, 2013 at 3:54 PM
I don't think you're crazy! Every pregnancy is different... I think you can do it!
mama_carmel
by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Not crazy at all! I had my DD vaginally, and DS had to be a c-section because of certain health issues. I am currently almost 13weeks pregnant and will me discussing the slight possiblilty to try a VBAC with this baby :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)