Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Being on the shot & pregnancy is it possible ?

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:23 PM
  • 4 Replies
I'm on the shot and I'm bf my 5 month old son . How would I know if I'm pregnant or not if I don't have a period. Would my results from a test be right or would I need a blood test
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
samifaye2011
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:58 PM

unless youre abstaining from sex there is always a chance of pregnancy & also a hpt should be able to let you know if youre pregnant or not, if youre still not certain or dont agree with the results see your dr and get a blood test...

SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Breastfeeding doesn't change how a test detects the pregnancy hormone.  So... pee on a stick! Then you'll know :) It is pretty unlikely to be pregnant while exclusively breastfeeding and on birth control, though.

Mama to five beautiful girls- Piper(11), Paris(9), Prue(8), Priya(5)&Kahlan(2) and two angel babies that were too precious for earth, Angel('09) and Evenstar('12)

Lilypie Maternity tickers

1992eeo
by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:07 PM
I give my baby bottles every now and then too .I just didn't know if its possible since I haven't a period in months and I haven't gotten my new shot yet I suppose to last month but my insurance messed up
SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:10 PM

You ovulate before you have a period so yes, you can get pregnant with the absense of a period. I have one baby that I got pregnant with after a miscarriage and never had a period between the miscarriage and the positive test.

Quoting 1992eeo:

I give my baby bottles every now and then too .I just didn't know if its possible since I haven't a period in months and I haven't gotten my new shot yet I suppose to last month but my insurance messed up

Mama to five beautiful girls- Piper(11), Paris(9), Prue(8), Priya(5)&Kahlan(2) and two angel babies that were too precious for earth, Angel('09) and Evenstar('12)

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)