Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

C-Section Mommys

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:37 AM
  • 32 Replies

What do you pack in your hospital bag?

Right now mine is packed for a natural childbirth (my hypno birthing stuff, dvd player and Walkman, birthing ball,pillows, blanket, clothes for birthing tub and outfit to come home in and an outfit for DH etc.... enough a 24 hr stay.... But I now have a c-section scheduled for May 30th and wanted to know if there is anything special I will need or anything extra I should pack? Thanks Guys!

BabyFetus Ticker
by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Why a csection?

I would just say probably a few more changes of clothes and toiletries since you stay longer for a csec.

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oregongirl40
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Because my OB and high risk Dr both agree it is the safest way to bring my daughter into the world due to my medical history and current health issues.

I figured a few extra outfits but I wasn't sure how long they make you stay in gown post op.....Thanks!

Quoting kmqw229:

Why a csection?

I would just say probably a few more changes of clothes and toiletries since you stay longer for a csec.

Good luck!

mommyofTC
by on May. 16, 2013 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this
A button down gown. They change the bandage aften and chexk your stomach. A zip down you'll have to un zip all the way so button is best. Take a outfit for when you go home. You can take soaps etc but you may not use them until your last day. I took sponge baths in my bed due to not being able to stand in the shower. Good Luck!
Oregongirl40
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you.

Quoting mommyofTC:

A button down gown. They change the bandage aften and chexk your stomach. A zip down you'll have to un zip all the way so button is best. Take a outfit for when you go home. You can take soaps etc but you may not use them until your last day. I took sponge baths in my bed due to not being able to stand in the shower. Good Luck!

MMerrill
by Melissa on May. 16, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Very loose clothing!  My husband just got me over sized sweat pants and t-shirt that didn't rub or hurt the incision, but a night gown will do if you are comfortable in it.

mommy2casidee
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
High cut underwear! Regular bikini cut lays right on the incision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daydreamer86
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
My bandage was removed the same day and i dressed in loose jammie pants. I was sown up from the inside and glued.
mushmom
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I know each hospital is different was I was only in for two days following both of my c sections.

Slip on shoes since you won't be able to bend over to tie or pull on anything.

stepconfused182
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

You shouldn't have to be in the hospital more than 48 hours without complications. After 24 hours, they will likely let you take a shower. I just brought a nightgown to wear in my room and wore a pair of loose pants to walk around the halls and to wear home. There's not much else different that you will need. Biggest words of advice for a faster recovery.... get up and move as much and as soon as you're possibly allowed. This makes all the difference in the world. As bad as it hurts, push through it or you will regret it later. Good luck!!

Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I know this sounds crazy but I packed adult diapers because how much I was bleeding the pads didnt help and I couldnt get up so offten to change them.

I pack very warm socks and blankets because after a c-section I am very cold. 

also my boppy pillow because you need something on the cut when you sneezing or evern try to talk the first couple days. You are going to be in the hospital for 3 days and dont expect to leave feeling great. bring a dress to wear home because you wont want anything pushing on the cut 

and bring 3 days worth of clothes for the baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN