Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Control Emotions

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 3:08 AM
  • 7 Replies

Dear cafeMoms 

Its been a few months since i was last on here, im having a little emotional problems that i dont know how to fix on my own. i feel like im the reason why everything is going wrong even on my good days. Mother's Day this year was the hardest year so far in my whole life i lost my Aunt Carrie 4 years ago on mothers day, and i lost y baby Boy Quentin a week before my b-day in december. i was told by many family n friends happy Mothers day but i dont feel like a mother cause my baby boy is up in heaven and not here with me and the worst part is i was suppost to have him on the 9th of may. since i had him my feelings have crashed and burned and lately my emotions jump from happy to sad to pissed off to happy to upset in the matter of seconds and i dont know how to control it. i miss my son and on mothers day this year i cried more than i have since Dec and Jan what does one do to get rid of this pain and hurt. how can i control my emotions / mood swings from hoping around all over the place. i just want what i truely feel and lately i cant my emotions just wont do what i try to control them to do. I feel like im being control like my emotions are taken over my body and my mind, i feel like there trying to mess my life up and so far its working. i cant stand this pain and more, i just started back on my old meds cus thats what my doc wanted but i feel like i did when i was on them last time, the reason why i stop taking them. CafeMoms How can i control my emotions/mood swings while being Bi-polor and crying every night over my son

Sign LadyBugMama MJ

by on May. 16, 2013 at 3:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lillucky8
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 7:20 AM
First, i am sooo sorry for your losses. I would call your doc hun, it sounds like you may need some more help than we are able to offer you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladybugmama143
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:19 AM

yes and that i would be help ful only if the doc even know whats was wrong with me. i have had 3 doctors look at me n inside me and almost every test taken and they cant find out whats going on with me :'( i feel like there is no hope for what im going through right now and i want my pain to go away and to be able to control my emotions again. thank you 

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Quoting ladybugmama143:

yes and that i would be help ful only if the doc even know whats was wrong with me. i have had 3 doctors look at me n inside me and almost every test taken and they cant find out whats going on with me :'( i feel like there is no hope for what im going through right now and i want my pain to go away and to be able to control my emotions again. thank you 

instead of dr you should see a therapist. they can help you with your emotions.

Baby3in2013
by on May. 16, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Im so sorry to hear about your son and aunt i cant even imagine. I understand about the emotions part I am also bipolar but i choose to not take meds for it. For me, my bipolar and mood swings tend to act up more when im stressed out or upset. Maybe they could give you some better meds? Its hard to deal with painful situations especially when you just cant pull yourself out of the rut. I would def tell your doc how youre feeling and i think a therapist can help with time too. Keep yourself surrounded by family and friends and try to not be alone by yourself. Stay strong! It doesnt seem it now, but the sun will rise one day.
5tyli5hLensT
by on May. 16, 2013 at 2:18 PM
I'm so Sorry! I think therapy would be helpful to you or seek a support group.
Grown_woman2192
by on May. 16, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Sounds like what I was going through and I had postpartum depression. Please get help dear, its not normal to feel that way.
Clemency3
by on May. 16, 2013 at 5:43 PM

No amount of meds will control your emotions but in combination with therapy should help you manage them a little better. However, I have learned that when real problems are the main cause of your emotional distress then medication just is not the answer. I have tried so many and realized that my emotional problems were due to situations and the only way to really work through it is to really work through it. I suggest you go to a grievance counselor or find a support group for people who have lost loved ones and just go..even if you don't participate by going you are at least surrounding yourself with people who truly understand your pain. I cannot begin to imagine what it must be like to lose a child and I feel for you I do but you don't have to do this on your own and you shouldn't do it on your own. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)