Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Your OB: Male or female?

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:17 AM
  • 23 Replies

Poll

Question: Is your OB a male or female?

Options:

Male

Female

Using a practice with both male and females

Using a midwife

Other-explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 73

View Results

by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krystyneh
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:23 AM
My OB is male and he's actually the one that delivered me when I was born and delivered my daughter when she was born :) he's sooo excited for my husband and I since we were ttc for almost 5 years. I suffered quite a few miscarriages also. He's awesome!!! He also has 2 other male doctors and 4 other females in his practice with him but they make sure to give me him because I don't like the other ones lol
livingforthem83
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Male, I have been going to him for over 12 years now.

MMerrill
by Melissa on May. 16, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Male and he was great, but a female ended up delivering my son, so I go to her now.

ajohnson08099
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Male, he's really good. I had a female gyn for a while but she was kind of a bitch..

Like I've told others id rather have a caring attentive doctor than care if its a man or woman.
witchiipooh
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Both lol, my office has 4 people on and the rotate you between all of them so that you are all set with whomever is there to deliver, and also who is on call if you have an emergency or questions. I actually really like it this way, I feel like I have a whole team that has my back durring this :)

goobersmom713
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:43 AM

i choose a female dr when i was pregnant with my oldest at 17 so i just stuck with her for all my kids

mommyto3121405
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:45 AM

the office has 3 males and 1 female but i usually see one doc and the one i liek the best is male

forsakenjewl24
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 9:50 AM
My on is male but if he isn't availiable the. I have to get to know the rest of the obs so there 2 males one female. That's only if my Dr isn't availiable when o deliver. They want me to feel comfy with the others that might come in to deliver this baby
acb4415
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:57 AM

My OB is a female, I have always had a female Gyno. It's not that I am shy or would feel weird with a male, I just feel that a female has literal real world experience with female anatomy and it just makes me more comfortable that my OB has gone through exactly what I will be experiencing. 

brittany208
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:31 AM

My OB is a male. I received a female and a male recommendation. The female was AWFUL, so we went to the male and we like him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN