Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Tip Of The Day(totd): all who suffer from swelling

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:54 AM
  • 7 Replies

Who has swelling? the cure for that? Cranberry juice! Cranberries have high levels of salicylic acid, which is the same anti-inflammatory compound found in aspirin.

I also drink strawberries mix in the blender with water every morning. I have used strawberries for years to help reduce puffy eyes (i cut them in slices like cucumbers)The alpha-hydroxy present in strawberries helps reduce puffyness/swelling

I just thought ya'll would like to know =)

by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
brittany208
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

interesting. I dont really like cranberries, but I eat a lot of strawberries already (they've been on sale lately)

alegna212
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Thanks for the tip!  My feet have been excessively swollen since about 6.5 months and the docs say there is nothing wrong with me.  I do elevate my feet at night and sometimes during the day, but it only helps for a few hours, then the swelling comes back.  I've tried Calm (magnesium) as well, but I definitely want to try cranberry juice.

Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I completely understand. When I hit 4 months I started swelling and I tried to figure out what would help me. I am 6 months and I don't get it anymore. I drink a glass of cranberry juice in the morning and a glass of the "strawberry water" around brunch

Quoting alegna212:

Thanks for the tip!  My feet have been excessively swollen since about 6.5 months and the docs say there is nothing wrong with me.  I do elevate my feet at night and sometimes during the day, but it only helps for a few hours, then the swelling comes back.  I've tried Calm (magnesium) as well, but I definitely want to try cranberry juice.

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:01 AM

thats interesting. i love cranberry juice and i didnt have swelling in either of my pregnancies.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I did with my first but we knew I would. I was driving to my brothers wedding and the altitude change did it for me. My midwife worried me about it before I went. On our way back it was so bad that I felt like my feet were going to rip open. I can't remember what my midwife had me do. But she told me as we came down it would get better. Which it did.

I will have to remember this for if I ever do. I haven't with my other two.

lillucky8
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Wow, interesting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5tyli5hLensT
by on May. 16, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Neat! I loooove strawberries but cranberry not so much lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)