Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

omg i am scared

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:32 PM
  • 9 Replies
I am 25 weeks pregnant on bed rest. Just found out by drs. I got 9 weeks until they do a c-section. Because babys feet down. I dont kno what to think. Its my first c-section.
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

You completely confused me on that one. Ok your 25 wks, and your Dr is gonna deliver your baby early at 34 wks because baby is feet down? Umm that is absolutely no reason to have a c-section  especially so early. I would fight it personally, but that is just me. Good Luck

SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Your baby has plenty of time to flip and why the heck are they taking your baby at 34 weeks just for a breech?

brittany208
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

why are you on bed rest? baby being feet down is NOT a reason to schedule a C-section because baby still has PLENTY of time to turn and WILL turn several times between now and then.

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

So wait... they're talking about delivering your baby at 34 weeks because he's breech?  Yeah that makes NO sense.   Either you mixed up something in your posting or you need to find a new doc.

pretermmom
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Because water broke at 24 weeks but still have enough fluids to survive.
Allinorder
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Your baby will turn. Tell the doctor you dont want a C section. The doctors can do techniques on getting the baby head down. I was on bedrest too at that time and it sucked.

pretermmom
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:07 PM
It does suck. And i got some time to go.
dababiesdreams
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Okay so your water broke but they are monitoring the fluid because at this time baby has enough to survive. Baby can still flip so that you don't need a c-section but they may be planning to take baby at 34 wks because they don't feel there is enough fluid to last past that. I would definately ask that they keep monitoring and if the fluid still looks good at 34 wks try to push it farther back.
oliver92
by on May. 17, 2013 at 3:43 AM

My last was the same, he was feet down, too large to turn and he came 2 weeks early too, so ended up getting to hopsital and I was thinking this will take forever and it was an emergency c section b/c foot was coming down birth canal and then during c section he was too big and they had to do a 2nd cut to get him out.  was a much easier birth and recovery, just scary, watch you tube videos, get all the information you can and it will all be alright. I am sure your dr's are watching your fluid levels and bed rest sucks, the birth will be the easy part. Good luck mama and big hugs, take care of yourself

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN