Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there such a thing as being OVER prepared??

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:45 PM
  • 26 Replies

It's normal to buy things from your registry, clean the house, freeze meals, etc before baby comes... but are you doing anything unusual or uncommon to get ready?

For example, today when DS and I walked in the door:

DH: "That's a lot of (library) books you have there!! Are we opening our own library?"

Me: "Well.... if I go into labor soon, I won't be able to take Nolan to the library for a while. Figured I'd better stock up..." (as I try not to drop this massive stack of books I'm barely able to hold onto.)

What about you?

by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Well not so much with gear and stuff for the baby/me, but for preparing to keep others busy helping/not "helping" (lol), yes!    Big Sibling activities is a priority for me.   
I like having a lot of snacks and books and toys, etc, ready.

:-)

brittany208
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I havent even done any big sibling things at all!! i did take DS to pick out a present for baby, but haven't gotten around to even sticking it in a gift bag.... i should do that.... lol.

Quoting doulala:

Well not so much with gear and stuff for the baby/me, but for preparing to keep others busy helping/not "helping" (lol), yes!    Big Sibling activities is a priority for me.   
I like having a lot of snacks and books and toys, etc, ready.

:-)

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

have you ever seen the luvs commercial where the mom is way over prepared with the first and the second one not so much. that explains me lol. i found second time around to be a breezed others might not.

brittany208
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM

i havent.... i saw the one where she was nursing in a restaurant, but not that one.

Quoting Autumn19:

have you ever seen the luvs commercial where the mom is way over prepared with the first and the second one not so much. that explains me lol. i found second time around to be a breezed others might not.

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:38 PM

i was that one to lol. except i didnt nurse my first and with my second i covered infront of everyone but now not so much in front of female family :)

Quoting brittany208:

i havent.... i saw the one where she was nursing in a restaurant, but not that one.

Quoting Autumn19:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
href="http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
rbailey2414
by Rachel on May. 16, 2013 at 11:28 PM

not at all! ;)

DeNali21
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:58 AM
I keep making lists...for every little thing..I'm afraid of forgetting some thing, even some thing stupid... ugh
SOCO101
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:15 AM

I'd rather be "over-prepared" than under;)

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on May. 17, 2013 at 1:52 AM

The second time around was much harder than the first for me. I still found that you need so much less than you think though. Next time, I will probably prepare even less.

I think you can be over prepared with gear etc. But you can never be too prepared for the birth and too prepared with knowledge.

Quoting Autumn19:

oliver92
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Lets see tonight I decided we should clean out all the cubards in kitchen, we have cubards up to ceiling and we were washing all the walls down and cubard fronts, taking down curtains etc. my kids were like whats wrong with you................. LOL, hubby said mom may be nesting early. HA HA

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured