Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Nervous but soooo excited :)))))

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:32 PM
  • 8 Replies
So everything went well at the dr app today still 1.5 cm and 90% effaced so no changes in my cervix so my dr is having me go in on Monday to check the fluid around baby by ultrasound and then they wanna do a non stress test (which is????) then they want to talk induction because they don't want me going over 41 weeks which I turn on Tuesday (please no bashing induction or telling me that baby will come when he wants to, thank you)
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
brittany208
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:34 PM

a non stress tests is a test to see if baby is doing well in there. that's about all i know though. so im curious if anyone else can tell more....

i was induced with my first right at 41 weeks bc dr didnt want to wait too long. this time im hoping to wait it out longer...

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

good luck

kbear1992
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:38 PM
I'm interested as well my MIL scared me because she said that she had a non stress test with one of her sons and it involved giving a small amount of pitocen to try and kick Start labor then see how baby does and if he comes he comes if not then they will wait and induce fully in a few days

Quoting brittany208:

a non stress tests is a test to see if baby is doing well in there. that's about all i know though. so im curious if anyone else can tell more....

i was induced with my first right at 41 weeks bc dr didnt want to wait too long. this time im hoping to wait it out longer...

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:42 PM

GL

kbear1992
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Thank you

Quoting NoraDun:

GL

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:47 PM

A stress test is a monitor they hook you up to. It monitors baby, and counts kicks etc. Its no big deal! The stress test isn't worth worrying about. Research inductions! Again GL

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on May. 17, 2013 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this

A non stress test is no biggie. They just have you sit in the hospital bed for about 40 minutes if I remember right. They hook you up to the contraction monitor and the heartrate monitor. They are looking for baby to be active enough and for the heart rate to go up a bit when the baby moves. Drink ice water while you are doing the test. It helps get baby moving. I had to do NST's twice a week for a couple months I just watched tv and rested and drank water. It was a nice break.

Do they suspect low fluid levels or are they just wanting to be extra careful? Sometimes when you start to go overdue, they look for reasons to induce. So just go into it knowing your stuff. And know that you don't have to induce if you don't want to. I won't bash on induction. As long as you know the risks and benefits and are making the decision for yourself instead of being pushed into something you don't want, go for it.

oliver92
by on May. 17, 2013 at 3:37 AM

They just check to see how baby is doing basically heart rates, movement, etc.  Fluid levels can drop, Meconium can be in sack, stress on you or baby, best of luck hope everything goes great for you both.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN