Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

protein in urine (piog)

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:46 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm freaking myself out. I have an online portfolio through my doctor's office, I just logged in to check for an address for an ultrasound tomorrow and it had an alert about my urine sample from my appointment last Friday. so I looked at the results and it said I had 30 Protein in my urine! I never got a call from my doctor's office so I'm hoping that it's nothing to worry about but I'll be calling first thing in the morning to see what's up. my blood pressure is always on the lower side at my appointments. but I have gestational diabetes, low platelets, and now to see that there's protein in my urine...I'm really not sure what to think!!!

~ Bethany ~

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
oliver92
by on May. 17, 2013 at 3:47 AM

I am 21 weeks and the last 2 appts my urine has also shown protein in urine and uti. I am also diabetic, so I dont know if thats why, but they tell me about it and then go over my numbers and put me on meds to control sugar levels.  I have been referred to a endocrinologist for the diabetes.

MsGrayciesMommy
by on May. 17, 2013 at 8:22 AM
As long as your blood pressure isn't high, and the office didn't say anything I'm sure its nothing to freak out about. When I had high protein in my urine my OB told me at that same appointment and sent me to the hospital to monitor my blood pressure and baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyBL
by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:39 AM
so far I've only had to monitor my sugar after meals. no medicine and haven't had to see the endo yet unless I can't keep my sugar under control. of course my sugar has been high the past couple days so we will see what my OB says next week!

Quoting oliver92:

I am 21 weeks and the last 2 appts my urine has also shown protein in urine and uti. I am also diabetic, so I dont know if thats why, but they tell me about it and then go over my numbers and put me on meds to control sugar levels.  I have been referred to a endocrinologist for the diabetes.

MommyBL
by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:43 AM
yeah my blood pressure is always on the lower side (to the point where they often ask me if I'm feeling ok! lol) but with having the GD and low platelets, the protein in my urine just made me feel like I'm going to be diagnosed with preeclampsia :-( I guess 30 isn't that high but it had been negative, then said trace and now said 30 so I feel like it's just going up as time goes on.

Quoting MsGrayciesMommy:

As long as your blood pressure isn't high, and the office didn't say anything I'm sure its nothing to freak out about. When I had high protein in my urine my OB told me at that same appointment and sent me to the hospital to monitor my blood pressure and baby.
daydreamer86
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:31 AM
30 is very low but keep an eye out for swelling. I had pre e with my son and had over 700 in protein in my urine.
Devious103102
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:02 AM

If the doc's office didn't say anything then it's probably nothing serious (esp since your BP is still good) but deff talk to them about it at your next appt and ask =0)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN