Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

i am a new mommy and i need a little help!!

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 3:43 AM
  • 19 Replies
So i just had my DD on tuesday! She is amazing. The only thing is i Think she has her nights and days mixed up. During the day she will just sleep until i wake her up to feed her. But at night, she wants to be fed every hour for half an hour.And not an hour from when she's done being breastfed, an hour from when she started getting fed! So by the time i burp, swaddle and all that, she freaks out and screams until she is fed. I am Delirious with exhaustion. Please help!!!

& sorry if there are any typos, im on my phone.
by on May. 17, 2013 at 3:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweety1018
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 3:47 AM
It is normal. My dd did it too. Long nights and longer days. That is what nap time is for sleep when u can. I wish u luck and congrats
rliperote2
by on May. 17, 2013 at 3:48 AM
1 mom liked this

She will re adjust dont let her sleep as much during the day try to wake her up every few ours to sleep but they do sleep most of the day  and night at that age.  No matter what she will be waking up every 2-3 hours are you breast feeding or formula?  I will give you a suggestion if you really are just beyond tired I was alone with one of my daughters and I was just exhausted so i gave her 1 formula bottle at night and i was able to get her to sleep 5 hours.  Alot of people are going to bash me for telling you that but if its between passing out while holding your child or giving her 1 formula bottle i would go with the formula lol., Btw i am a mother of 7 almost 8 and i fyou need any advice there isnt much i havent seen or done lol

ellseee94
by on May. 17, 2013 at 3:50 AM
Thank you for the advice and thanks :))

Quoting Sweety1018:

It is normal. My dd did it too. Long nights and longer days. That is what nap time is for sleep when u can. I wish u luck and congrats

ellseee94
by on May. 17, 2013 at 3:51 AM
I'm breastfeeding. I do have a few containers of formula though, is i tf safe to do that when they are so young? If it is i may try it. Thanks for the advice!!

Quoting rliperote2:

She will re adjust dont let her sleep as much during the day try to wake her up every few ours to sleep but they do sleep most of the day  and night at that age.  No matter what she will be waking up every 2-3 hours are you breast feeding or formula?  I will give you a suggestion if you really are just beyond tired I was alone with one of my daughters and I was just exhausted so i gave her 1 formula bottle at night and i was able to get her to sleep 5 hours.  Alot of people are going to bash me for telling you that but if its between passing out while holding your child or giving her 1 formula bottle i would go with the formula lol., Btw i am a mother of 7 almost 8 and i fyou need any advice there isnt much i havent seen or done lol

Sweety1018
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 3:53 AM
This is so true had to do it myself. Good thinking there mommy. Congrats on number 8.

Quoting rliperote2:

Sweety1018
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 3:55 AM
Yes it is. The nicu doc had us doing this till my milk came in all the way. We do breast when I had the milk and formula when I didn't have the milk to give took a while for my milk to come in. Just give it a try that is all u can do

Quoting ellseee94:

I'm breastfeeding. I do have a few containers of formula though, is i tf safe to do that when they are so young? If it is i may try it. Thanks for the advice!!

Quoting rliperote2:

Sweety1018
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 3:55 AM
Welcome.

Quoting ellseee94:

Thank you for the advice and thanks :))

Quoting Sweety1018:

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Don't bank on formula working. It didn't help with my son at all. It's normal for them to be mixed up. You can try to keep her awake more and wake her frequently during the day, but it just might take a little while anyways for her to sleep more at night.
ellseee94
by on May. 17, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Ok i will.,thanks!

Quoting Sweety1018:

Yes it is. The nicu doc had us doing this till my milk came in all the way. We do breast when I had the milk and formula when I didn't have the milk to give took a while for my milk to come in. Just give it a try that is all u can do

Quoting ellseee94:

Quoting rliperote2:

ellseee94
by on May. 17, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Ok i will.,thanks!

Quoting Sweety1018:

Quoting ellseee94:

Quoting rliperote2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN