Kevin and Marina Krim, who suffered unbearable tragedy and loss when their two children, Lulu and Leo,were stabbed to death in their New York City apartment, allegedly by theirown trusted nanny, deserve good news. And what they have is amazing, awesome news. News that will make your heart leap. Marina and Kevin announced on Facebook that they are pregnantMarina is expecting a little boy in the fall.

The entire message, written on the Lulu & Leo Fund wall, says:

We are very happy to let you know that Marina is expecting a baby in the fall. Nessie can't wait to welcome her new baby brother. We are filled with many emotions as we look to the future, but the most important one is hope. 

We are very grateful to you all for your amazing support.

- Marina and Kevin

The message was accompanied by a mural drawing of two children holding hands with the background of a starry sky.

Responses were predicably ecstatic. "This is the happiest magical news we could all hope for," wrote one supporter. " Says another: "I feel as if someone very close in my family had given me this wonderful news!"

Indeed, it does sort of feel like a family member has shared this news. We all followed the horror that happened last year when the Krim's nanny, Yoselyn Ortega, allegedly stabbed two of her young charges, 2-year-old Leo and 6-year-old Lucia ("Lulu"), to death in their own bathtub. What could make a nanny, who had seemingly loved the children and was part of the family, do this? We all began questioning who we know, who we can trust, who we can leave our children with. We wondered how the Krims could ever recover from something so devastating.

A baby will not make everything magically better. Marina and Kevin will live with this pain in their hearts forever. The ache of missing Lulu and Leo, and knowing how they died, will never truly fade away. But a baby is healing. It's new life. And now Nessie, their surviving child, will have a sibling.

So touching and heart-lifting to hear that this family finally has something wonderful to celebrate.

What do you think of this news?

Image via Splash