Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Allergies and PG?

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 3 Replies

I just found out I was pregnant (found out today actually!) and, no joke, my allergies are acting up so fiercely today. The only thing that has ever worked for me in the past was Zyrtec-D. I read the package of the Zyrtec and it says to consult a physician before taking if pregnant. Does anyone know if this would be safe to take? I haven't taken it and won't until I hear back from the doc, but I wanted to see if anyone else would know the answer to this question. Also, does anyone have any suggestions on what might help with my allergy symptoms? I'm very allergic to pet dander, dust mites, insect bites/stings...things that are pretty hard to avoid. Thanks in advance!

by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
pacificamom
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Look up what class it's in, call your doctor and make sure. I took 1 benadryl when mine were going crazy. More than that knocked me out, especially pregnant and I have too many kids for that.

THauge
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Great idea. Will do. I have 3 other kids so I know what you mean. I have to be on my toes with my boys. They are way too busy and even so early on in my pregnancy I am already worn out.

Quoting pacificamom:

Look up what class it's in, call your doctor and make sure. I took 1 benadryl when mine were going crazy. More than that knocked me out, especially pregnant and I have too many kids for that.

5tyli5hLensT
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:36 AM
I'm in the same boat, and my doc said to take benedryl or Claritin
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN