Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Poll

Question: What type of diapers do you plan on using?

Options:

Cloth diapers

Pampers

Luvs

Huggies

Other - Explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 95

View Results

by on May. 18, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
butterflycircle
by on May. 18, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I like huggies the most as far as disposables go. Luvs work just as well (sometimes better for us) and are cheaper though. 

This is my 3rd baby (10 weeks old monday) and I just started cloth diapering today. It went well. It is different though, something to get use to. It was only day and and it felt great to not be putting chemical filled disposables on her little bottom and to not be throwing $.25 per diaper change in the garbage too :)

CelestialSong
by on May. 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Cloth :) I already CD my daughter, so it'll be easy to just start doing it from the beginning with this baby.

polkaspots
by on May. 18, 2013 at 11:07 PM
I tried liners once when we started using cloth and then once more when we introduced solids. Both times the diapers leaked pee and the poop spread around the liner. I don't know how it happened, but dh said no more liners because I was complaining about it for so long. I don't mind the expense or chemicals for a week long stretch of diapers for a nb and an almost two year old. I actually did think about getting two packs of gerber flats or prefolds to last the first day or so, but I'll probably just end up buying disposables just to avoid hanging up the diapers. I have low blood pressure issues, so less work postpartum is best for me.

Quoting PEEK05:

One of my friends (a member of CM) gave me a really good tip! She cuts up squares of fabric to place inside the cloth diapers in the hospital so while baby is passing the meconium, you just toss those squares of fabric straight into the trash. :)

Quoting polkaspots:

Cloth after the first few days. Meconium stains and is really sticky. I will not be standing at my sink hand washing poopy diapers ten times a day right after giving birth. The nb and the one year old will both be wearing disposables for a few days because I won't be washing diapers for a week.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on May. 18, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I understand. I have c-sections and a husband who returns to work the day after we are home from the hospital.  With my last c-section, it took a while for my blood pressure to go up.  It was like 90/40 and I was monitored a lot more closely this time because of that. Just wanted to throw out that idea in case it was something you wanted to do to help prevent meconium all over your diapers. :)

Quoting polkaspots:

I tried liners once when we started using cloth and then once more when we introduced solids. Both times the diapers leaked pee and the poop spread around the liner. I don't know how it happened, but dh said no more liners because I was complaining about it for so long. I don't mind the expense or chemicals for a week long stretch of diapers for a nb and an almost two year old. I actually did think about getting two packs of gerber flats or prefolds to last the first day or so, but I'll probably just end up buying disposables just to avoid hanging up the diapers. I have low blood pressure issues, so less work postpartum is best for me.

Quoting PEEK05:

One of my friends (a member of CM) gave me a really good tip! She cuts up squares of fabric to place inside the cloth diapers in the hospital so while baby is passing the meconium, you just toss those squares of fabric straight into the trash. :)

Quoting polkaspots:

Cloth after the first few days. Meconium stains and is really sticky. I will not be standing at my sink hand washing poopy diapers ten times a day right after giving birth. The nb and the one year old will both be wearing disposables for a few days because I won't be washing diapers for a week.

lovebugs_mom906
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 11:09 PM
I like the pamper swaddlers for new babies. Right now my 2 year old wears huggies or pampers, whatever's on sale. We tried luvs on him, and him butt cheeks broke out in a bug rash - which is really sad since he only wears them at night. I've thought about cloth diapering, but not sure if its for me or not.
polkaspots
by on May. 18, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Thanks, it is a good idea, it just won't work for me since I'll have two other small children.

Quoting PEEK05:

I understand. I have c-sections and a husband who returns to work the day after we are home from the hospital.  With my last c-section, it took a while for my blood pressure to go up.  It was like 90/40 and I was monitored a lot more closely this time because of that. Just wanted to throw out that idea in case it was something you wanted to do to help prevent meconium all over your diapers. :)

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting PEEK05:

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 11:18 PM
I finally have my toddler in cloth full time. baby alternates. She mainly still uses sposies, but that's because i don't have enough cloth for 2 kids.
We switched in January and had 1 bag of diaper trash after about 3 weeks, since baby was born at the beginning of April its been a bag a week. Gross!

Quoting PEEK05:Cloth.  Disposables are garbage!!!
wkukid
by on May. 18, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I picked other. We are ordering from the honest company.

PEEK05
by on May. 18, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Me too :) How far apart are your kids? I have one that turned 4 in February, 2 earlier this month, and a 3 month old.

Quoting polkaspots:

Thanks, it is a good idea, it just won't work for me since I'll have two other small children.

Quoting PEEK05:

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting PEEK05:

Quoting polkaspots:

polkaspots
by on May. 18, 2013 at 11:43 PM
The oldest turned 3 at the end of December, the baby turned one in February and the next one will be here around December. My old gyno retired and I haven't found someone to go to for prenatal care yet.
How do you do it?? My kids will be roughly the same age and this baby wasn't exactly tried for and I'm quite scared of being outnumbered.

Quoting PEEK05:

Me too :) How far apart are your kids? I have one that turned 4 in February, 2 earlier this month, and a 3 month old.

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting PEEK05:

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting PEEK05:

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)