Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

nausea

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:48 AM
  • 7 Replies

anyone here on medication for nausea their whole pregnancy? I have been taking phenergan (12.5 mg twice a day) since I was 2 months pregnant because my nausea has not been controllable. my ob prescribed it. I just feel too sick without it. now, I am 6 months and I need it more then ever. anyone else had to take this medicine during much of their pregnancy? I hope it doesn't affect the baby but so far my ob says my baby is healthy. 

by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Heather2001
by Heather on May. 19, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Have you tried accupuncture?  A friend of mine had HG and that was the only thing that helped her.

mamaanl
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Have you tried natural remedies?  I'm sure you have, but ginger is a natural way to help nausea and they have these things called preggy pops...they have them online and at the Motherhood Maternity stores...it's a candy you suck on and it helps with nausea....I'm though that you've tried all of the natural ways...If the doctor says the medicine is completely fine then I wouldn't worry!!! I took it for a while & everything was fine.

2012Rabbit12
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:57 AM

I haven't tried that yet. I don't have much money to spend:(

Quoting Heather2001:

Have you tried accupuncture?  A friend of mine had HG and that was the only thing that helped her.

2012Rabbit12
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:01 AM

I have, and the only natural remedy that has helped me at all has been fresh air, but if the weather is bad i feel worse. 

Quoting mamaanl:

Have you tried natural remedies?  I'm sure you have, but ginger is a natural way to help nausea and they have these things called preggy pops...they have them online and at the Motherhood Maternity stores...it's a candy you suck on and it helps with nausea....I'm though that you've tried all of the natural ways...If the doctor says the medicine is completely fine then I wouldn't worry!!! I took it for a while & everything was fine.

2012Rabbit12
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:18 AM

BUMP!

Alyssa1988-21
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Mint gum worked during both of my pregnancies.
MaKaylasmom29
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:55 AM
I was on meds for nausea my whole pregnancy my little girl was born healthy and she is still going strong
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)