Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

That offended me:/

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 4:58 PM
  • 73 Replies

What has been the most offensive thing that someone has told you during your pregnancy? I had terrible morning sickness and lost lots of weight. I get soo offended when some one tells me I look ill.....like ok, I am having a rough pregnancy and that doesn't really help much:/:/ ugh.

****I have calmed down since posting this and reading from the replies I can def. see that at least Im not the only one....but it doesn't mean its ok. Unfortunately we can't control what comes out of other peoples mouth or what they think, we can only control ourselves. Its hard to do so being pregnant, I know, but lets be positive and not let the ignorant comments get to us.

by on May. 19, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leila0907
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 5:00 PM
3 moms liked this
I had an old neighbor of mine ask me today "oh your pregnant is it with the same guy ?" First off lady I don't even know you like that , second off what is it of your business and why would you even ask (btw I been with the same person for almost 11yrs)
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Around here its common knowledge its probably not by the same guy. It was common for the Drs to even ask if the child I was carrying was my Husbands. People around my area never have kids by just one person!

Quoting Leila0907:

I had an old neighbor of mine ask me today "oh your pregnant is it with the same guy ?" First off lady I don't even know you like that , second off what is it of your business and why would you even ask (btw I been with the same person for almost 11yrs)

Leila0907
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 5:06 PM
I think it's so rude to ask. Especially when. You really don't even know the person.... I personally wld never ask someone that

Quoting NoraDun:

Around here its common knowledge its probably not by the same guy. It was common for the Drs to even ask if the child I was carrying was my Husbands. People around my area never have kids by just one person!

Quoting Leila0907:

Lili0509
by on May. 19, 2013 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Yea, that would have really set me off....its beyond rude.

Quoting Leila0907:

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 5:09 PM
4 moms liked this

Nothing really offends me to be honest. I mean who cares what anyone thinks. But I do get tired of hearing "OMG your on your 4th, you do know what causes that right?" The way I see it, I am married, my Husband works hard to afford our kiddos, I can have as many as I see fit!

Lili0509
by on May. 19, 2013 at 5:14 PM

True, I should have worded it differently. But yea, it really gets old how people assume things or come up to touch your belly all the time. I dnt mind, but sometimes your just not in the mood to hear comments that are usaully made during pregnancy, especially from strangers.

Quoting NoraDun:

Nothing really offends me to be honest. I mean who cares what anyone thinks. But I do get tired of hearing "OMG your on your 4th, you do know what causes that right?" The way I see it, I am married, my Husband works hard to afford our kiddos, I can have as many as I see fit!

KittyTussand
by on May. 19, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

i have a thick skin on msot thigns...but one my belly.  i messure way bigger then baby boy is.  My mom and I went to a rock and gem show. now im sure she thought it was funny and she is always making fun of important things to me (how i got such a thick skin)  But we were looking at some quarts and marbal decorative balls. when she picks up the uglies white and black striped with brown streaked quarts and says "look honey it looks just like your belly. you should get it to remember!!"   it hurt so much i started to cry. (yes im hormonal) her reply "god it was just a joke so thin skinned"   yep it hurt.  but thats my mother.

Lili0509
by on May. 19, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Yea, I can relate....my mom is very insensitive too:/ lol, Im glad pregnancy is only 9 mths...

Quoting KittyTussand:

i have a thick skin on msot thigns...but one my belly.  i messure way bigger then baby boy is.  My mom and I went to a rock and gem show. now im sure she thought it was funny and she is always making fun of important things to me (how i got such a thick skin)  But we were looking at some quarts and marbal decorative balls. when she picks up the uglies white and black striped with brown streaked quarts and says "look honey it looks just like your belly. you should get it to remember!!"   it hurt so much i started to cry. (yes im hormonal) her reply "god it was just a joke so thin skinned"   yep it hurt.  but thats my mother.

Theemom
by on May. 19, 2013 at 6:23 PM
This.

Quoting NoraDun:

scraphappy12
by on May. 19, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this
"was it planned?" the people who ask me this don't mean it rudely, I'm married with other children and old enough to have another, but it's so annoying!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN