Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

A vagina question. When it comes to delivery.

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:41 PM
  • 30 Replies
I hope this doesn't sound too dumb. But this is in my head. I am pregnant on my second trimester. It hasn't been easy for me but baby and I are just fine.
Back to the "size" question. I have always been told I have a very small vagina. Sometimes it hurt to have sex. Now that I'm pregnant I wonder if the size of a vagina have anything to do on your delivery. I know they either cut down there or you naturally rip. Has anyone had the same question? And if this was your case, how was it?
by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
addiesmommy1109
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 11:45 PM
2 moms liked this
Your body is designed to give birth. Your body will adjust to the changes during labor and you will do fine!
VanillaSprinkle
by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:52 PM

It stretches. The size of your vagina itself would never be a factor in if you can give birth or not. The baby will just stretch it as much as it needs to. There are other issues that could make it difficult to have a vaginal birth but your "hole" size has nothing to do with it. These are all totally normal things to think about. You are going to be ok. Don't stress about that part! It's not fun to think about haha :)

lilou
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Mine was really tight too and did hurt every single time I had sex. I have had two natural birth. The first delivery I teared and had 2 stitches. It did hurt less to have sex afterward. My second baby had shoulder distocia and the doctor "went in" to get the baby out! I didn't want to know how bad I tear but it was second degree. It suck that it's not tight as it used to be though but it doesn't hurt anymore. Can't have it all I guess!
NoraDun
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Has nothing to do with nothing I assure you!! You will be just fine, your vaginal size has nothing to do with it!

janell55
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 11:58 PM
When I was a baby I had to have my 're-opend 3 times because it was so small. It is still smaller than normal I guess but I asked about it and my doctor told me that if I can have sex I can have a baby lol.
angela84
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:05 AM

I agree with the other ladies. It will stretch BUT you can start doing perineal massages to help with the process if it makes you feel better about it all.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on May. 20, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Your vagina stretches. It has no impact on vaginal delivery. 

I've given birth to two babies over 9lbs and haven't torn, been cut, or had any damage to my lady bits. 

polkaspots
by on May. 20, 2013 at 12:16 AM
I was forced to have an episiotomy with my first. I would have gotten up and walked out if her head hadn't started coming out. I advise talking to your doctor about it beforehand. With my second I didn't get cut or tear, but they did a bad job with the stitches the first time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BiPolarMomto3
by on May. 20, 2013 at 12:24 AM
If you tear and they are not severe don't have them stitched!!! Trust me quicker heal time....
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:28 AM

It'll stretch. You can also do things like a perennial massage with oils to help "stretch" to help prevent tearing, though sometimes it's unavoidable. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)