Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What did you do during your labor and delivery??

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 1:11 AM
  • 82 Replies

It seems like the new thing to hang around on cafemom, or facebook updating every minute of labor and delivery. What did you do during your labor and delivery?

Were you social networking, or doing something else?

by on May. 20, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:15 AM

During my labor and delivery I was very preoccupied in laboring and delivering. So there was no updates coming from me. I did put on facebook that my daughter was on her way when labor began (there was no facebook for my older two) but people were left hanging until well after my daughter was born, and I and Hubby had spent time cuddling her, nursing, etc. Then I updated. I guess I was in too much pain to think about updates, I just was focused on delivery. I could of cared less about anything else. 

Mommy2beQua
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:23 AM
You had a natrual birth?

Quoting NoraDun:

During my labor and delivery I was very preoccupied in laboring and delivering. So there was no updates coming from me. I did put on facebook that my daughter was on her way when labor began (there was no facebook for my older two) but people were left hanging until well after my daughter was born, and I and Hubby had spent time cuddling her, nursing, etc. Then I updated. I guess I was in too much pain to think about updates, I just was focused on delivery. I could of cared less about anything else. 

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Yes!

Quoting Mommy2beQua:

You had a natrual birth?

Quoting NoraDun:

Mommy2beQua
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Oh okay, that's why you were in so much pain

Quoting NoraDun:

Yes!

Quoting Mommy2beQua:

You had a natrual birth?

Quoting NoraDun:

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL yes, dilating, and delivering isn't an easy task! Take work LOL pain is definately apart of that! Have you ever had a child??

Quoting Mommy2beQua:

Quoting NoraDun:

Yes!

Quoting Mommy2beQua:

You had a natrual birth?

Quoting NoraDun:

Mommy2beQua
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Nope, but I have been there when my 3 little sisters were born

Quoting NoraDun:

LOL yes, dilating, and delivering isn't an easy task! Take work LOL pain is definately apart of that! Have you ever had a child??

Quoting Mommy2beQua:

Quoting NoraDun:

Yes!

Quoting Mommy2beQua:

You had a natrual birth?

Quoting NoraDun:

SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Laboring...hard and heavy. I have precipitous labors...no time for anything! I have had a 30 minute labor...

Once mine starts it is intense and fast from the get go
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting SimplyEnchanted:

Laboring...hard and heavy. I have precipitous labors...no time for anything! I have had a 30 minute labor...

I can relate. My daughter was 1 hr and 52 min start to finish. Fast an intense. Not much time to do anything except get into position!
SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Yep! Intense is right! 4 of my 5 live births were precipitous. Piper (my oldest) was my only non-precipitous at 6 hours but I went into labor with her while I had the flu and though it was natural...I slept through or puked through the entire labor. Yuck! I ran a fever of 105 during the labor so I honestly dont remember much.

Quoting NoraDun:Quoting SimplyEnchanted:Laboring...hard and heavy. I have precipitous labors...no time for anything! I have had a 30 minute labor...

I can relate. My daughter was 1 hr and 52 min start to finish. Fast an intense. Not much time to do anything except get into position!
Mommabearbergh
by on May. 20, 2013 at 1:44 AM
With dd 1 I put on MySpace when she was born and that's it. Dd2 I see dh being more the fber because he tends to make me laugh when I am in pain which is what I need
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)