Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you get the flu shot while pregnant? Will this change your mind?

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 8:45 AM
  • 59 Replies

Last week a study came out claiming that when exposed to the flu during pregnancy, babies are 4 times more likely to develop bi-polar disorder. To help prevent exposure to the flu, pregnant women are encouraged to get the flu shot.

Do you get the flu shot while pregnant? Would this study change your mind about getting it?

by on May. 20, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
his88angel
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 8:47 AM
I will not i have never had the flueshot in my life and never had the flu.(knock on wood lol)
livingrlovesong
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Yes I always get the flu shot. I ended up with Swine Flu during delivery of my second, that was not fun.
livingforthem83
by on May. 20, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I have never gotten the flu shot and I never will.
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:36 AM

No, it would not. I am not going to get injected with known toxins... including neuro toxins on the off chance I could get the flu.

LTryon
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:41 AM
My Dr won't let me because I'm allergic to latex. I've never gotten the flu shot, and I've never gotten the flu.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RichardsMom0209
by on May. 20, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I did get a flu shot in the beginning of my pregnancy. They had to give me the preservative free shot.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
pregnantmama105
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:47 AM

lmao... 

I dont get the flu shot. pregnant or not... niether does my son or SO... bi-polar runs in my family anyway. so getting the flu shot will not lessen the chances of the baby getting it... 

no I will not be getting the flu shot. 

daydreamer86
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:47 AM
No and no.
SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:49 AM
This

Quoting daydreamer86:

No and no.
sparklebug86
by on May. 20, 2013 at 9:50 AM

nope, I dont get any unnecessary shots during pregnancy or afterwards. I also dont trust any info coming from the government including their "studies" that show their vaccinations are safe. 

I had a happy happy boy until he hit 12 months and he woke up one morning miserable, refusing to eat, screaming his head off during bath time, screamed when you tried to dress him and continued until you removed his clothes and no longer wanted to be touched. While I dont blame vaccinations 100%, I do find it awfully suspicious. He is now 4 with the same issues and has been diagnosed with autism. We still vaccinate but only the mandatory vaccinations and we space them out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured