Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Increased hair on stomach and acne....is it a boy??

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:46 AM
  • 22 Replies

I had a follow up with my OB today, and she couldn't check between the legs for gender 1) because it's really early and 2) because when she did look all she saw was the umbilical cord. But, I did ask her about the hair that's grown on my belly and increased acne which I haven't had since high school...she said that could mean there is increased testosterone in me because the baby is a BOY! Anyone have this experience?? We find out the gender for sure on June 17th, but I'm just curious!!

by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daydreamer86
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:50 AM
To me... Everything is genetics. With my boy, you would of thought i was having a girl and with my daughter you would of thought was a boy if you leaned on wives tales.
watsonashi
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:50 AM
No I have acne and increased hair on my stomach and I'm having a girl
DACIA79
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:50 AM
I am pregnant with my 3rd boy and haven't experienced that with either. I don't know anyone who has had issues with the hair but for the acne everyone I know that had acne flare ups had a girl.
CharonSmith
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:56 AM

That's actually good to hear, because I would like a girl and was a little disappointed when she made that prediction! Everyone is different, so as much as I'd like answers now, I suppose we'll just have to wait and see! Thanks for the input :)

Quoting watsonashi:

SarahMommie
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:56 AM
I had those symptoms for a boy and a girl I hope you get I find out soon!!
LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:56 AM
I can't say one way or the other because I have twin boys and I broke out when I was pregnant with them and I'm pregnant with another boy and again, breaking out on my arms and back but I've known people who've had girls and had the same thing happen to them.
kgmmw
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Don't know but I have both and its a boy
watsonashi
by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
No problem just DO NOT shave your belly it will come back darker

Quoting CharonSmith:

That's actually good to hear, because I would like a girl and was a little disappointed when she made that prediction! Everyone is different, so as much as I'd like answers now, I suppose we'll just have to wait and see! Thanks for the input :)

Quoting watsonashi:

livingrlovesong
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't buy into any of that. It doesn't actually mean anything. With this one, I've had every symptom of a girl, and it's another boy. Lol
ittyprincess604
by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I was actually the opposite. I am having a girl, and have excess hair on my belly and terrible acne for the first time in my life. I thought the old wives tales was "girls steal their mothers beauty"...thus the pimples and what not lol Idk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN