Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Went to ER last night...Can someone tell me this has happened before? :'(

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 9:24 AM
  • 58 Replies
1 mom liked this

I've been having crazy cramps lately and yesterday it was more frequent and more intense. They're like this stabbing/shooting pain in my cervix and shoots up to one side of my vagina (the cramps in my cervix kind of felt off to one side as well) 

Well I went in and told them everything and they ended up giving me an abdominal ultrasound which showed the gestational sac but that was all. She decided to then do a trans vaginal ultrasound and saw the yolk sac too but the baby was still really small and she thought she saw him flutter but then didnt say anymore about it. She continued to say that the baby was measuring small and by the 6th week (I'm 6w1d) you're supposed to see the fetal pole and heart beat. But either was seen... When she measured the gestational sac on the computer it measured as 6w6d. (Would my gestational sac be growing still though if the baby isnt?)  So as of right now, there are two possibilities. 1. The baby is developing slower/ or I'm not as far along. 2. The baby has stopped growing and has..died..

I have an ultrasound next week and then they can determine if this pregnancy is viable or not.. But has anyone had anything like this happen? Good and bad experiences please! I've stayed up all night crying because this is obviously not how I wanted my first pregnancy to go... Thanks ladies.

by on May. 22, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WannaBeMom2013
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 9:48 AM

BUMP!

WishingAway
by on May. 22, 2013 at 9:53 AM

This is my first pregnancy so I am not much help. I know that your levels are supposed to be 1500 to 2000 before you see the "baby". Might just be a little less far along than you thought. Good Luck hun!!

andymom2be
by on May. 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry to hear that. Hoping your pregnancy is still viable and everything is ok
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
siergomez
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Sound similiar to how I started off, when I first went in they thought I was much farther ahead thani was, when they did the ultrasounds he was tiny, and I was less than half of what they thought. I thought I would miscarry again for sure, but I just had my baby boy on saterday. Don't give up hope yet or stress to much.
WannaBeMom2013
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Unfirtunatey they didnt do blood work :/ And lets hope thats the case! Thank you!

Quoting WishingAway:

This is my first pregnancy so I am not much help. I know that your levels are supposed to be 1500 to 2000 before you see the "baby". Might just be a little less far along than you thought. Good Luck hun!!

WannaBeMom2013
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Me too. Thank you!!!

Quoting andymom2be:

Sorry to hear that. Hoping your pregnancy is still viable and everything is ok

WannaBeMom2013
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 10:06 AM

So you werent able to see the fetal pole or heart beat at 6 weeks either? Lets hpe my luck turns out like you. Thank you and congrats!

Quoting siergomez:

Sound similiar to how I started off, when I first went in they thought I was much farther ahead thani was, when they did the ultrasounds he was tiny, and I was less than half of what they thought. I thought I would miscarry again for sure, but I just had my baby boy on saterday. Don't give up hope yet or stress to much.

momto1ryen
by Lindsey on May. 22, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Honestly momma it's just to early to determine anything. Take a deep breath and try not to stress. You'll get more answers at your next u/s. For now if your not bleeding heavily that's good and continue to go about your everyday life. GL!

madison0919
by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I went in because of bleeding at 6 weeks 1 day and they couldn't even find a gestational sac. They told me to come back in 5 days. At 6 weeks 6 days I came back for another ultrasound and there was my little bean!! With a heartbeat of 138 :) a few days can make a big difference!! Don't worry :)
siergomez
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 10:14 AM
They thought I was 6 to 8 weeks, from my horome test and the size of the sac, but all they could find of the baby was the really little bean. No heartbeat, no movement at all either. Turned out I was just under 4 weeks....and I carried like a small whale. I hope all turns out we'll, Ill keep my fingers crossed for you!

Quoting WannaBeMom2013:

So you werent able to see the fetal pole or heart beat at 6 weeks either? Lets hpe my luck turns out like you. Thank you and congrats!

Quoting siergomez:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN