Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

birth

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:04 AM
  • 29 Replies
Please help natural birth or c second?Epidural? As I can't handle pain,still have a while I'm only now 22 weeks
by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emilyelephant
by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM

That's a very personal decision. Do some research on the processes for each. Most will tell you to never elect to have an unecessary csection. It's a major surgery.

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2013 at 10:32 AM
I've had c-sections and vaginal. Out of all of them, (four babies, medicated for some and not others) my completely natural birth was the best one. And I can't handle pain either. But childbirth is just different.
livingforthem83
by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:38 AM
I have had 4 births. All vaginal, 2 induced, all epidurals, and all were pretty quick. The 3rd was stressful because I had trouble pushing baby out, and I wanted to give up. But I have a great doctor who cried with me and encouraged me to keep trying.

This time around I am trying to go epidural free, this is my last. I am going to labor at home until I can't take it any longer. This is the plan for now, I know that anything can happen.

You need to make the choices that are best for you. Only you know what you can and can not handle.
MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:40 AM
You need to research all of your options.

Doctors wot perdorm a c section unless it is medically needed.

But do your research
MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:40 AM
I also want to add....

If you want to eat during your labor, go for it...it doesnt effect you or the child.
rbailey2414
by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:43 AM

do some research! You cannot just have a csection for the hell of it though....

DACIA79
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Go natural yes it hurts but when it's over its over no more pain. A C- is major surgery so you will have weeks of pain to recover from a more after birth restrictions
LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2013 at 10:51 AM
I say make the decision for yourself because one experience with things like epidurals, isn't a universal thing.
Same goes with all other birthing options.
xotatiannaxo
by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:56 AM
2 moms liked this

Natural birth!! you can do it! its not so hard! and when you think you cant do it any more its over.

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on May. 22, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Unless you have some sort of complications c-sec shouldn't even be an option. As far as medicated or not, that's something that's up to you.  You can go into things with a positive attitude and say "I can do it" and at least try or just go in saying "I want an epi, sign me up".  GL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)