Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Being induced Tuesday morning! Finally, the end is in sight! lol

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:46 PM
  • 20 Replies

I have been so miserable and just DONE and ready to meet my little guy! And now it is finally time!

I went today for an ultrasound. I am 37 weeks and the baby is measuring at 39 already. They said he is about 8 lb 6 oz. Whoa! And my fluid is still too high. It was high at my 32 week ultrasound and I was diagnosed with polyhydramnios so that is what the ultrasound today was for ... to recheck it.

So since the baby is big and my fluid is still high, they scheduled me to be induced at 6am on Tuesday! I'll be 38 weeks and 2 days. He wanted to do it Monday but he said they would be shorter on staff over the weekend and Monday because of the holiday... and since I'm high risk, it would be safer to wait til Tuesday when everyone will be there.

I am so excited! But I'm also so IMPATIENT and wondering what I am gonna do with myself for the next 5 days. lol

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 4:52 PM

BUMP!

LiquidLuck
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Huh. Congrats. I hope it goes okay and he weighs what they think he does. What are the risks of high fluid levels? I've never heard of it before.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on May. 22, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Good luck! How has your bp been?

Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I'm not exactly sure what the risks are... I just know it can be dangerous if the fluid gets too high. Right now the symptoms it's causing me are shortness of breath and just feeling like my whole body is FULL. It is hard to walk without feeling like I'm gonna pee my pants because my uterus is pushing on my bladder so much... and I have been having really bad indigestion because of the pressure on my stomach. It's just VERY uncomfortable and can cause problems for the baby too. And I have no doubt that the baby is as big as they say, if not bigger. I have a tendency to have big babies and now I am diabetic so that increases the chance of having a big baby, too.

I have been induced with all of my kids and never had any problems so I'm sure it will go okay. I'm just glad it's gonna be over. lol

Quoting LiquidLuck:

Huh. Congrats. I hope it goes okay and he weighs what they think he does. What are the risks of high fluid levels? I've never heard of it before.

pregnant

LiquidLuck
by on May. 22, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Weeeird. Well good luck.

Quoting Mom2five87:

I'm not exactly sure what the risks are... I just know it can be dangerous if the fluid gets too high. Right now the symptoms it's causing me are shortness of breath and just feeling like my whole body is FULL. It is hard to walk without feeling like I'm gonna pee my pants because my uterus is pushing on my bladder so much... and I have been having really bad indigestion because of the pressure on my stomach. It's just VERY uncomfortable and can cause problems for the baby too. And I have no doubt that the baby is as big as they say, if not bigger. I have a tendency to have big babies and now I am diabetic so that increases the chance of having a big baby, too.

I have been induced with all of my kids and never had any problems so I'm sure it will go okay. I'm just glad it's gonna be over. lol

Quoting LiquidLuck:

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 5:06 PM

It's been pretty good. A few spikes here and there but the medicine they put me on seems to be helping.

Quoting Pandapanda:

Good luck! How has your bp been?

pregnant

Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 5:08 PM

What's weird? Here... I Googled it for you. lol

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/polyhydramnios/DS01156/DSECTION=complications

Quoting LiquidLuck:

Weeeird. Well good luck.

Quoting Mom2five87:

Quoting LiquidLuck:

pregnant

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this
For those wondering what the risks are.

Complications
By Mayo Clinic staff
Polyhydramnios is associated with:

Premature birth
Pregnancy-induced high blood pressure
Urinary tract infections during pregnancy
Premature rupture of membranes — when your water breaks early
Excess fetal growth
Placental abruption — when the placenta peels away from the inner wall of the uterus before delivery
Umbilical cord prolapse — when the umbilical cord drops into the vagina ahead of the baby
C-section delivery
Stillbirth
Heavy bleeding due to lack of uterine muscle tone after delivery
The earlier that polyhydramnios occurs in pregnancy and the greater the amount of excess amniotic fluid, the higher the risk of complications.
LiquidLuck
by on May. 22, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Lmao, I don't know. I feel that way and I'm 31 weeks and having a healthy pregnancy, bahaha. I don't mind yet. I googled it too! I was super curious. But thank you! I hope all goes well on Tuesday.

Quoting Mom2five87:

What's weird? Here... I Googled it for you. lol

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/polyhydramnios/DS01156/DSECTION=complications

Quoting LiquidLuck:

Weeeird. Well good luck.

Quoting Mom2five87:

Quoting LiquidLuck:

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Hope everything is okay. Have they done anything to check baby's lung maturity? Always a worry with a forced birth before 39 weeks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN