Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Important! Help...

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:35 AM
  • 15 Replies

Has anyone got pregnant after having a c-section? If so how many weeks after your c-section did you fall pregnant? And can you still have a good pregnancy getting pregnant after a c-section. I had a c-section 9 weeks ago and have a feeling I'm pregnant again! :S

Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
his88angel
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 3:43 AM
Bump
Lilly1989
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:44 AM

?

SOCO101
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:47 AM

Oh my! Idk? I'm sure it's possible, but not sure if it's the safest.

Lilly1989
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:49 AM

Yeah it proberbly won't be safe, I dont know I've read alot on the internet and some women it's happened to and they've had healthy good babies and a fine pregnancy but abit more sore.. and of course had to have another c-section..

ERMDK
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 4:13 AM
"...and of course had to have another c-section. "
Look up vbac (vaginal birth after ceasarean).
Maybe it's not safe within a year of a c-section, but in most cases, it is a safe, healthy option.
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:24 AM

they tell you NOT to get pregnant for up to 2 years...I waited 3 1/2 years so Im no help

jojo_star
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:43 AM

It can happen of course, and you could have a safe delivery, but so soon after major surgery, it isn't the smartest idea. Your body was cut open literally, it needs time to heal. 

sparklebug86
by on May. 23, 2013 at 9:49 AM

ERMDK, while VBAC is a good option for many, its not an option for everyone because not every dr is willing to perform one for legal reasons and there are actually places that wont allow it within city limits. 

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 10:00 AM
You are extreamly fertile after giving birth. That's why your doctor says no sex until 6 weeks pp and pushes birth control at your PP check or the use of condoms.

I was told 2+ years is ideal with a csection to allow your muscles and uterus to properly heal. They say 9+ months to fully heal from a vaginal birth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on May. 23, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Yet the patient's rights trump any of those policies, so...

Quoting sparklebug86:

ERMDK, while VBAC is a good option for many, its not an option for everyone because not every dr is willing to perform one for legal reasons and there are actually places that wont allow it within city limits. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured