Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

carseats

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 5:58 PM
  • 70 Replies
So I saw a post about a baby shower in another group.

Someone said they used a friends car seat.

Would you ever use a used car seat? Even if you know the person well and hasnt been in any car accidents???

Im anal and am refusing to use used car seats. There are a bunch going around on my yard sale

groups. But I just dont know about used car seats
by on May. 23, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
prettynproper
by on May. 23, 2013 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

never ever ever. there are actually very few things i plan on purchasing "used" for my baby. idk if that's a new mom thing or i'm just anal like that.

i'm not a hand-me-down person. there's NOTHING wrong with it but i'm sooo picky.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on May. 23, 2013 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I would NEVER use a used car seat. My son's infant seat that we used with dd is still within expiration date, but it's been stored in extreme heat/cold temperatures in storage since April 2012 so we won't be using it. 

LotusBubbleFly
by on May. 23, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I'd use it but I'm a bit of a hippie when it comes to stuff like that. I don't mind using people's stuff. I'm using a friend's old breast pump for god sakes lol. Whatever I can do to save money and I just don't feel like its a super big deal. Most of the stuff people give away is barely used. The less stuff we have to buy, the better! :)

MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 23, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Yeah.

I dont like to buy used unless from my cousin. She keeps her clothes perfect.

But I dont want to buy anything else used.

I mean I bought some used bottles but I can soak them in bleach.

But any equpiment I wont buy used.

Quoting prettynproper:

never ever ever. there are actually very few things i plan on purchasing "used" for my baby. idk if that's a new mom thing or i'm just anal like that.

i'm not a hand-me-down person. there's NOTHING wrong with it but i'm sooo picky.

MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 23, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Right.

But used car seats are highly dangerous.

Im all for saving money.

But on the other hand used carseats arent safe.

And neirher are used breast pumps

Quoting LotusBubbleFly:

I'd use it but I'm a bit of a hippie when it comes to stuff like that. I don't mind using people's stuff. I'm using a friend's old breast pump for god sakes lol. Whatever I can do to save money and I just don't feel like its a super big deal. Most of the stuff people give away is barely used. The less stuff we have to buy, the better! :)

MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 23, 2013 at 6:06 PM
My cousin has used premmie car seats that she said I could use.

But theyve been in storage since 2011ish

Quoting Pandapanda:

I would NEVER use a used car seat. My son's infant seat that we used with dd is still within expiration date, but it's been stored in extreme heat/cold temperatures in storage since April 2012 so we won't be using it. 

pregnantmama105
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 6:07 PM

where I live it is illegal to sell or give away car seats (as of jan 2011)  that were manufatured before jan 2011. (so at mid night they had to restock everything.. you can still use the car seats bought before then until the expired date, you just cant sell or give them away.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on May. 23, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I honestly just wouldn't. There are too many things that people can do wrong without even knowing is wrong, that damages the integrity of the plastic or fabric the seat is made of.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Quoting Pandapanda:

LotusBubbleFly
by on May. 23, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Right.

But used car seats are highly dangerous.

Im all for saving money.

But on the other hand used carseats arent safe.

And neirher are used breast pumps

Quoting LotusBubbleFly:

lol, OoooOOooo guess I'm living dangerously :)

MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 23, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Yup.

Plus the way people swing the carseats back and forth

Quoting Pandapanda:

I honestly just wouldn't. There are too many things that people can do wrong without even knowing is wrong, that damages the integrity of the plastic or fabric the seat is made of.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Quoting Pandapanda:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured