Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Still hiding it

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 7:54 PM
  • 29 Replies
Im STILL hiding my pregnancy. Im going on 15 weeks... I just cant bring myself to tell my family for fear of being ostrasized and judged as being a complete and utter failure. I had ds 9 years ago with a long-time bf and he was a surprise. The relationship did not last long after he was born.... I moved on, got married to someone and had dd,almost 6 y/o. 2 years ago my ex hub left and he divorced me totally out of the blue... Custody litigation is still ongoing for dd... I moved on in my personal life,met a kind, loving man who worships me and am now engaged (he proposed about the same time I found out we were expecting). we are both super excited and this is DF first child..... So, ive told no one except a chosen few...my family are so incredibky judgemental and conservative that they will be appalled when they find out. I dont know how to break the news... I cant help but know ppl will judge and will feel ive just made another poor choice!! if only I could have controlled my own destiny!! The thing is Im a successful professional, no.one helps me physically or financially and I feel I have a right to be happy and move on... Help!! I truely want to find a way to ignore any opinions they may have and finally break the news..
by on May. 23, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kstorm234
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I know how you feel. I was completely afraid of telling my family I was pregnant again as I'm only 20 and already have a 2 year old. I'm currently 5 weeks. My boyfriend and I have only been together for about 3 weeks. I'm pretty sure this baby is my ex's (my son's father) who my family does not like due to the fact that hes broken up with me twice and starting dating someone else right after. I was not expecting this pregnancy at all and I decided to tell my family the day I found out. I figured it would be better than waiting. Anyways, good luck telling them!

Amandalafula
by on May. 23, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Kstorm, thanks for your reply! Congrats to you and I know everything will work out :)
SweetMamii
by on May. 23, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

i think they will be disapointed, but even more when you have been hiding it. i think in the end they will be ther for help and support, which you will need all that you can get. talk to someone and see if they can help break the news with you. other than that, idk what else to advise

Good Luck Mama!

Amandalafula
by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Ty for your advice!
ANNETTELYNN
by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:07 PM
You shouldnt care what anyone thinks. If they love you, they will be there for you. No matter what
NoraDun
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 10:15 PM

It shocks me, these days I didn't think anyone cared about the choices they made, or what others thought!! I would just tell them. If your trying to better yourself, and get your life straight, thats all you can do. I am sure they will love you no matter what. But if they dont then atleast you have your new DH! And your new baby!! Good Luck Hun

Amandalafula
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:54 AM
Ty :)
rbailey2414
by Rachel on May. 24, 2013 at 7:58 AM

gl telling them :)

Amandalafula
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Thanks
goddiddlyumshis
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Your life, if they dont like it. . . oh well. but, they'd probably be more upset and disappointed when they find out you've been hiding it :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured