Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question???

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:15 AM
  • 6 Replies

I had a mucusy discharge today and it was kinda big...I'm only 32 weeks pregnant and i was wondering if it was my mucus plug and should I go see my Dr. immediatly or wait for a few days until my next appointment??

by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tyner_brylee
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:24 AM
What color was it?
brittany208
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:48 AM

I would wait. I've heard (on here) that mucous plugs can regenerate if they need to. But I would mention it at your next appt.

UNLESS it was bright red blood--thatd be a problem. but dark red/brown/clear should be okay. you can call and ask a nurse if you want. it wouldnt hurt anything

rbailey2414
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:55 AM

you are fine :) Even if you did lose it, doesnt mean much. Only go to the doc if you are concerned or hospital in labor. :)

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:23 AM
It could be your mucous plug, but it can regenerate. Unless you are having lots of contractions or in a lot of pain I wouldn't worry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 25, 2013 at 8:52 AM

It could be.  It can regenerate, so if it were me, I wouldn't rush in right away.  But, if you are concerned, it never hurts to call your doctor.

krystyneh
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 8:54 AM
I wouldn't worry but if you're concerned then call your doctor or hospital. My SIL lost hers at 31 weeks when she was pregnant with my niece. It never regenerated back (her doctor checked weekly) and she didn't have my niece until she was almost a week overdue.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)