Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any nurses?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM
  • 9 Replies
Are there any nurses in the group?

If so what do you think I should do?

I think I have bronchitits, I have all the symptoms that I foubd online.

The cough producing mucus, chest pains, out of breath, chills, slight fever. Not sleeping.

Problem is I have no one to take me to an appointment.
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Nee86
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I'm not a nurse but I'm an EMT and I have had bronchitis several times. You really need to get in to a doctor. Bronchitis can go in to pneumonia and that could put you in the hospital. Until you can get in the doctor, drink TONS of water, avoid dairy, and if you have a humidifier, use it. But I really urge you to see a doctor ASAP before it becomes more serious.
MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:29 PM
I am going to my after hours clinic tonight.

Hopefully thwy can take me and not send me to the damn er.

Quoting Nee86:

I'm not a nurse but I'm an EMT and I have had bronchitis several times. You really need to get in to a doctor. Bronchitis can go in to pneumonia and that could put you in the hospital. Until you can get in the doctor, drink TONS of water, avoid dairy, and if you have a humidifier, use it. But I really urge you to see a doctor ASAP before it becomes more serious.

MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:30 PM
If I could drive then i would be there already.

But no one can take off work and take me to an appointment or to the er.

So I have to wait til 8 tonight.

Quoting Nee86:

DACIA79
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Quoting Nee86:

I agree with this I'm not a nurse my degree was in Respiratory Therapy. Shortness of breath is always reason to go to the doctor and you especially never want to take a chance with your health when pregnant.

Good luck
MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Thanks.

Unforunately I have to wait.

I dont have my license. And hubby is at work. So I have to wait til 8ish.

We were to go look at an apartment tonight but I think ill hold off til later this week. When we are down at my moms again.

Quoting DACIA79:

Quoting Nee86:

I agree with this I'm not a nurse my degree was in Respiratory Therapy. Shortness of breath is always reason to go to the doctor and you especially never want to take a chance with your health when pregnant.

Good luck

eykelley
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM
I am a PCA (Patient Care Assist) @ a hospital on the post and ante partum floors. I agree w/ the above. Try and rest. Lots of fluids, sit in a steamy bathroom, use a humidifier, drink watm tea.
MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Im trying to get addison to sleep.....been fightig her for 50 minutes.

If my husband could leave work early he would. But unforunately he cant. Which sucks.

Quoting eykelley:

I am a PCA (Patient Care Assist) @ a hospital on the post and ante partum floors. I agree w/ the above. Try and rest. Lots of fluids, sit in a steamy bathroom, use a humidifier, drink watm tea.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

You can take Tylenol but no Motrin drink all the fluids you can except dairy because it increases the mucus. Hopefully your mucus isn't green or brown if it is you really need to see the doctor ASAP.
MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:53 PM
It wont come up :-(.

Ive been dry heeving and gagging non stop sice mondayish.

Im over this already lpl and im only 9 weeks.

Trust me if I could get to a dr I would.

Quoting DACIA79:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

You can take Tylenol but no Motrin drink all the fluids you can except dairy because it increases the mucus. Hopefully your mucus isn't green or brown if it is you really need to see the doctor ASAP.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)