Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

telling your boss..

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:02 PM
  • 29 Replies

How long did you wait? How did you tell them? Mine is recently new to my store, but I have a pretty good relationship.. I think... we have had some differences but all in all they were teaching me to be stronger in my management duties. I have been so emotional already I think im going to tell her soon just because I can cry at a drop of a dime right now, and Im hoping she will understand. what about you girls?

Love,
Mrs. Gonzales
 BabyFruit Ticker
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I told my workplace right away only because I work at a dog daycare and it's not 100% safe for me to be around the large dogs alone right now.
mybabiesmama916
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I had to tell right away because I took some time off due to threatened miscarriage.

jojo_star
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I haven't yet, I'm going to wait until at least 12 weeks, and I'll just tell her. I'm actually good friends with my boss, but she won't be happy, we are really short at work and I've been working way more than usual (which is why I'm pregnant in the first place), but I'm going to have to cut down on my hours. 

Solkerra
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I told mine right away because the only way I could have full access to water was if I had a doctors note, so yeah, they found out with the note! Lol.

jayangel82
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Im thinking ill just tell her today.. its causing more anxiety not telling her.. and thats not good! id rather her find out through me than over hear me talking about it:)

jayangel82
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I think im going to tell her today.. im horrible at secrets!

Quoting marissabrookee:

I told my workplace right away only because I work at a dog daycare and it's not 100% safe for me to be around the large dogs alone right now.

Love,
Mrs. Gonzales
 BabyFruit Ticker
jayangel82
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats another reason I want to tell her. ive already had one mc, god willing I wont this time.. but just in case I think its better for her to know why if I have to take time off

Quoting mybabiesmama916:

I had to tell right away because I took some time off due to threatened miscarriage.

Love,
Mrs. Gonzales
 BabyFruit Ticker
jayangel82
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I was going to wait till 12 weeks... but im horrible at secrets! lol I was going to wait a few weeks.. but id rather her find out from me before a rumour:)

Quoting jojo_star:

I haven't yet, I'm going to wait until at least 12 weeks, and I'll just tell her. I'm actually good friends with my boss, but she won't be happy, we are really short at work and I've been working way more than usual (which is why I'm pregnant in the first place), but I'm going to have to cut down on my hours. 

Love,
Mrs. Gonzales
 BabyFruit Ticker
pregnantmama105
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

my "boss" said "UUUUGGGGGAHAHAHaaaaaaaaaaa, yahyahyahyah"

jayangel82
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I could see mine doing that.. thats why im so nervous.. I could see her pretending to be upset then being excited lmao. I also see her saying "no wonder you were balling for no reason!" ha ha

Quoting pregnantmama105:

my "boss" said "UUUUGGGGGAHAHAHaaaaaaaaaaa, yahyahyahyah"

Love,
Mrs. Gonzales
 BabyFruit Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)