Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Can anything go right! So upset..

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM
  • 14 Replies

So most of you know that I have been waiting on medicaid to come in so I can go to the obgyn..I have still not had my first check up..I am getting very upset, Im trying to stay calm, eat right, take my vitamins, and lots of water..I called social services yesterday and she said it was still pending..So it could take 45 days for me to get insurance..So thats like flipin JULY!!!!So The past couple of weeks I have been so nauseous to the point I feel like hugging the toilet seat..And on top of that felt like I was getting the Pink Eye..So last night I went to the er..I know there was no emergency but I had to do something..Its paycheck to paycheck..So told them what was going on with my eye and that I should be 12 weeks monday and still have not been to the doctor and its just worring me cuz I havent heard a heartbeat or have seen anything..Went back and confirmed the pink eye and then some lady came in and ask me what was going on so I told her..Well she flat out lied to me like Im some stupid idiot, I do have One child already..She said well they dont listen to the heartbeat its too early, and that I wouldnt have an u/s till like 20weeks..First off I was 8 weeks when I heard my first childs heart beat and I was 9 weeks when I had my first ultra sound..And she was like well they want see u until. ur second trimester because alot of women miscarry in the first so they wait it out to see you..That is so much damn bull..I knew they werent gonna do anything at the hospital because it wasnt an emergency but it would have eased my mind to atleast hear a heartbeat instead of some women coming in there talking to me like I was some 5 year old that didnt know anything..I am just at the point of cuzzing someone out..

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Spring.Mom
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:27 PM

What the lady told you is pretty close to what my Dr. did and told me. They did a trans vag. u/s at 8 weeks and heard the heartbeat to 12. The only other u/s I have had was at 20 weeks for all the measurements. Other than that they did a quick check this week to see if the baby's head was down. 

As for the medicaid I know here in Nevada they will go back for 3 months. They might do that where you are so you can get in to see a Dr.

tammy_lynne
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I'm 20 weeks pregnant, and I've been seeing my obgyn regularly waiting for insurance to go through. 

I was told eveything would be covered once it clears. (I'm in NY) 

mybabiesmama916
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Most doctors don't see you intil 12 weeks now. I was shocked when I tried to make my appointment. With my other kids I was in right away for prenatal care.

KPJ
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM
I have never been told by a doctor that I cannot be seen because I'm less than 12 weeks pregnant. With my first pregnancy I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks and heard my daughters heartbeat and found out the sex at 18 weeks.
On this pregnancy I have heard my son's heartbeat numerous times.. I've had two ultrasounds already one at 8 weeks and the other one at 20 weeks to find out the sex of the baby. So that lady was full of sh!t excuse my language.. And why was it so hard for them to at least do the Doppler to hear the baby's heartbeat??? Smdh
ChillC23
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I didnt my medicaid til I was 3 months which is about 12 weeks thats when I had my first visit
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on May. 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Most doctors won't even see you til after 12 weeks unless there's a history of problems. I wasn't seen with this baby (#3) until 16 weeks. 

5tyli5hLensT
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:36 PM
What she told you is how its done here now. they wait til 12 weeks to see you and hear the heartbeat. U/s are also done at 20 weeks
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I would relax, there is no point in having a u/s so early unless there is a concern and even then it increases the risk of MC. So its ill advised! I am sure everything is going just fine, just relax and get in when you can!

shelbymccarthy
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Everything is covered from the date you applied. So you can still go to the dr. Once Your medicad has in fact been granted they will pick up all of the medical bill you have bulit up so far.

rwcw89
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I'm 6 weeks and going for another us next week. I had one at 5w3d (didn't see anything).I'm going for another to make sure its growing. They arereally bsing u. I hate er docs
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN