Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Little help from the mama's that have dealt with miscarriage?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:00 PM
  • 4 Replies

It's a touchy subject and I'm sorry ahead of time. :/

Long story short, I've been having some odd, sometimes painful cramps everyday for the past week and a half. I went to the ER 3 or 4 days ago at 6 weeks exactly. They didnt see the fetal pole or heartbeat :'( So I go in Wednesday(7w1d)  to find out if the baby has stopped growing...

I understand cramps are normal, however I have had period like cramps, period like cramps in my back, stabbing in my vagina (not too sure where though) on and off for a weeks and a half. And today my period like cramps have been happening since I've woken up (8:30 to 12:30) I took Tylenol about 20 minutes ago and the cramps have stopped. When miscarrying, does Tylenol usually help or no? Since yesterday my discharge has been milky and lots of it. No smell though. I have been dry before then.

Thank you ladies...

by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kstorm234
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I was worried about pain I was having and the doctor told me to take some tylenol. They said if it didn't help then to go to the ER so I guess its a good thing that it helped. 

MizMellyMac
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:11 PM
I cramped with my healthy pregnancies too. The clue to my mc was spotting. I know it can be normal but that was the only pregnancy I did it with. Drink lots of water and take it easy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sjenkins8208
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Sorry for your loss. I had mine at around 7 weeks. My cramps weren't that bad, I was taking Tylenol and lots of wine......my OB offered to give me a prescription of something, but my pain wasn't that bad. It it's very painful for you then I'd ask you OB to prescribe you something.
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 2:15 PM
It will happen when your body realizes baby I gone. It might take a while. I found out at 11 weeks tha baby had stopped growing at about 6 weeks. I didn't miscarry until 12 weeks. My placenta had continued to grow until 11 weeks. I bled like a period for about 4 days and then started having contractions that got closer together until suddenly everything came out all at once. Then I bled very heavily ( like blood pouring every time I stood) for a couple of hours. I layed down on my side and after a while it stopped. Then it was like a lite period for 2 more days then nothing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)