Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it too soon or will i be okay?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:46 PM
  • 12 Replies
I had a miscarriage Feb 28th. Didn't even know I was pregnant had two tests done and they were negative. But I was bleeding thought it was just my period lasting longer than usual til my bleeding got really heavy I was in severe pain and passing clots. My first and last menstural period was April first. A week and a few days after my period I started spotting until April 23. Which my guess was implantation bleeding. I bought four tests and three came out negative. The last one came out positive a few days ago. Is it too soon after my pregnancy loss to be pregnant again? I don't want to go through that again
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WishingAway
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Lots of women get pregnant the month after their miscarriages. 

tammy_lynne
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:26 PM

They usually say to wait 3 months to try again. 

I've heard that you are more fertile after a loss... Turned out okay for me, I had a miscarriage in September, then got pregnant with my son that December. He's 5 (almost 6) now! 

Racheldp20
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not too soon. Just be sure to discuss your concerns with your doctor, they can give you progesterone to help keep the pregnancy viable.

Mommynwife26
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I got pregnant 2mths after a miscarriage. I was 3-4wks along and had what was like a really bad period for a full week in Nov of 2009, I had a light period in Dec then got pregnant at the beginning of Jan 2010, she was born on Sept 30th the perfect baby <3. My friend had a dnc at 10wks and 3mths later got pregnant and her DD is turning 1 in a few weeks.

N_maricle
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

A friend got pregnant the month after miscarrying. The doctor told her some women's fertility increases after miscarrying. She ended up with a healthy baby:)

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

No actually most women find a pregnancy immediatetly following a (Normal unexplained) MC ends in a healthy full term baby! For some the body just needs to be cleaned out good which happens post MC. So I would say odds are you will be fine :)

Daniellesmom17
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Thanks makes me feel better

Quoting NoraDun:

No actually most women find a pregnancy immediatetly following a (Normal unexplained) MC ends in a healthy full term baby! For some the body just needs to be cleaned out good which happens post MC. So I would say odds are you will be fine :)

jojo_star
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Lots of women get pregnant within weeks or months of a miscarriage. It isn't the greatest idea, because your body does need some time to heal, but many women do have successful pregnancies shortly after a loss. Just talk to your doctor and take good care of yourself. 

July_mommy
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I miscarried feb 25,2005and pregnant 8 months later october2005

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on May. 24, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

A lot of women get pregnant right after a miscarriage. Likely you won't have any problems from it. Good luck and congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)