Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am very curious and need advice

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:57 PM
  • 13 Replies

Helo ladies,

i am a mother of a 3 year old and i had some questions. i had no problems with my daughter at all. i was induced so didt get to experience the last couple of weeks in pregnancy. I am currently 37 weeks. i went to the doctors a week ago and was told i was not dialated at all. Today i noticed light spotting what could this possibly mean. Can some body please explain a little more for me

by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I am sorry you were induced sweetie!! Dilation means nothing. A woman can go into labor at 1 cm or at 5 cm. And be just fine. Spotting could be a blood show (any mucus with it?) it could be from having sex (if you have had it recently) or it could just be because of a sensitive cervix. It could be a sign labor is coming as well! Or it could be nothing! Good Luck hun

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Dilation doesn't mean much to me...my fastest labors, I wasn't dilated really anything at all when I went into labor (I think it was just a finger tip if anything).  As far as spotting goes, if you have had intercourse lately it could have irritated the cervix.  Or, even, as the cervix changes fibricules (spelling?) can break off causing a little bit of spotting.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:11 PM

And, all the best to you!!  Keep us posted if anything else changes!

pbeverly
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:21 PM

thank you for the advice. i havent had any intercourse or mucous with it

Koux
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Agreed - dilation doesn't mean much, if anything. Many women don't dilate until labor begins, and in my case, I was dilated to a 3 for about a month with both my babies. Dilation can happen in minutes. During my labor with baby 2, I went from 7 cms to baby in 10 minutes.

Spotting could be your mucus plug. If it is I wouldn't worry, again it doesn't mean much. Labor could be hours or weeks away. We have no way of predicting until its here! :)

I like to share this article for pregnant women in those last few weeks, it really helped me re-think things and relax. It's so easy to get anxious and stressed waiting for labor to start and baby to arrive. We need to learn to appreciate and enjoy those last few weeks more!

http://www.mothering.com/community/a/the-last-days-of-pregnancy-a-place-of-in-between

(Sorry I couldn't make it clicky!)
mommi128
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I was 2 weeks late with my son. They induced me and I still wouldn't dilate. Sex will make you spot or it could be the mucus membrane. 

brittany208
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:01 PM

you still have plenty of time! just relax and enjoy your last couple weeks.

ChillC23
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Like everyone else said the blood spotting could be the bloody show just ask your doctor about it

As for not dilating yet dont worry I didnt start dilating til 38 weeks and stayed a 1 til 39 weeks which I got induced by choice though so idk how long it would have been til I went into labor on my own but your body will on its time
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on May. 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

The spotting could be because your cervix is changing. Did you have sex recently? Because that can also irritate the cervix and cause light bleeding. 

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on May. 24, 2013 at 6:06 PM

I enjoyed reading that. 

http://www.mothering.com/community/a/the-last-days-of-pregnancy-a-place-of-in-between

Quoting Koux:

Agreed - dilation doesn't mean much, if anything. Many women don't dilate until labor begins, and in my case, I was dilated to a 3 for about a month with both my babies. Dilation can happen in minutes. During my labor with baby 2, I went from 7 cms to baby in 10 minutes.

Spotting could be your mucus plug. If it is I wouldn't worry, again it doesn't mean much. Labor could be hours or weeks away. We have no way of predicting until its here! :)

I like to share this article for pregnant women in those last few weeks, it really helped me re-think things and relax. It's so easy to get anxious and stressed waiting for labor to start and baby to arrive. We need to learn to appreciate and enjoy those last few weeks more!

(Sorry I couldn't make it clicky!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)