Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can't take it anymore, I have to ask

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:53 PM
  • 32 Replies

Am I pregnant?! No seriously. I am freaking out. 

I would normally never say anything, but I can't handle it anymore.

I'm on day 38 of what is usually a 28-30 day cycle. There have been a few times my cycle was as long as 35 days. But I haven't been this late! Here's the thing. I'm wondering if I maybe ovulated super late. We had unprotected sex the day I was supposed to start because I thought I would be starting soon. That was 10 days ago. I had blood tinged mucous for one day exactly 7 days later. 

I've been testing but they are coming back negative. Even a FRER with FMU. I've been feeling crampy off and on, nauseaus in the afternoons the last few days, and peeing a lot. 

I'm going between being 100% sure I'm pregnant, and 100% sure I'll start soon.

The main reason I'm posting this is because I've been having some sharp pains very low in the left side of my pelvis and off and on sharp pain in the same area in my back. Does that sound like it could be an ectopic pregnancy? Or am I just over thinking things or what?!

by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Your best bet would be to go to your gynecologist. They can help you more by giving you a blood test and possibly an ultrasound since you're having pains.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on May. 24, 2013 at 7:00 PM

That's what I'm thinking. Problem is it's the beginning of a 3 day weekend and my husband is out of town all day with our car so I can't even make an appointment, much less get in, until Tuesday.

Quoting polkaspots:

Your best bet would be to go to your gynecologist. They can help you more by giving you a blood test and possibly an ultrasound since you're having pains.

Roadfamily6now
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:04 PM

typically an eptopic pregnancy will have abnormally high hcg numbers and would definitely show up on a pregnancy test. i do think that you should be seen by someone if you are having these concerns. if you cant wait, go to the er or an urgent care center.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on May. 24, 2013 at 7:10 PM

That makes me feel a bit better. All we have here is an ER which would cost money we don't have...

Quoting Roadfamily6now:

typically an eptopic pregnancy will have abnormally high hcg numbers and would definitely show up on a pregnancy test. i do think that you should be seen by someone if you are having these concerns. if you cant wait, go to the er or an urgent care center.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Looks like you got the advice regarding the ectopic--good luck hun!

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on May. 24, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Thanks! I need it!

Quoting meam4444:

Looks like you got the advice regarding the ectopic--good luck hun!

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

No idea, there are about a dozen of these "Am I pregnant" posts a day. And honestly no one can tell you your pregnant. If you had sex (protected or unprotected) there is a chance. Take a test, if its negative wait a week and test again. If still no luck and you suspect pregnancy call your OB!

Pandapanda
by Amber on May. 24, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Did you take my pregnancy symptoms? I've felt great the last couple of days!

Pandapanda
by Amber on May. 24, 2013 at 10:25 PM

But really, I agree. Go see your doctor just to be on the safe side!

puglove19
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I would go to the doctors and order a blood test and tell them your concerns. Maybe they can issue an ultrasound?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)