Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!! shopping advice needed :)

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:00 PM
  • 4 Replies
I've only bought one outfit so far for my little guy. I'm going to start shopping very soon, and realized that he is due Sept 5th, on the border of summer/ fall seasons. How do I shop for clothes? Do I buy summery stuff for newborn sizes and 0-3mo with a few warmer things? Or do I get warmer outfits, and if he gets too hot, just remove layers? I don't want to waste money and get a bunch of stuff he won't use and grow out of. Or having to do laundry all the time because I didn't get enough lighter things. I could always get more clothes later I guess.

Also, I live in Michigan, and weather is very iffy, sometimes can be in 80's during that time, and sometimes it's mostly cooler.

What do you ladies think?
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Hafsa1
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:12 PM
bump!
KPJ
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:20 PM
I bought my son winter like clothes from nb to 6 months I live in Jacksonville FL and when winter hits.. It gets pretty cold, my son will be born the last week of August.. And September here is rainy and cool...
I guess buy winter like clothes.. I mean babies can get cold very easily.. Is not like us adults that can endure cool weather without a jacket.. Now I'm not saying but all his clothes for winter... Since weather is kind of unpredictable so always have few summer clothes as a back up.
ittyprincess604
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Personally I would get most stuff made for fall/winter. Long pants, sweaters. I would only get one or 2 pairs of shorts. Tshirts and onesies can be layered for warmth or taken off so those are ideal.
meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I've been getting warmer stuff, and I will just remove layers if she gets hot.  I know my kids like to be nice and toasty when little, so unless we have a really odd fall, I think warmer stuff will be appropiate.  Oh and I am in Iowa.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)