Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Advice!!

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:32 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hi my names Brittney and i just found out that i was pregnant yesterday. Im guessing about 4 or 5 weeks possibly a little more. I had a miscarriage in febuary so im alright kinda nervous. Today i started having light cramping that comes and goes but no bleeding. Is this normal? Also i havent been sick to my stomach and i thought that was traditionally the first sympotom? Idk im new at this help!!!

by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on May. 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM
I've had cramping from the day I found out and I'm 8w6d. As long as it's not "severe" and there's no bleeding, it's a perfectly normal symptom.
awilliamson
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:58 PM
I'm 18 weeks and haven't had one day of sickness. That doesn't have to be a symptom :)
mamaanl
by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Light cramping is a sign of pregnancy.  Usually, as long as there is no bleeding everything is okay.  However, since you recently had a miscarriage you should still talk to your doctor about it.  He/she may put you on high risk pregnancy for the first 12 weeks since you have miscarried before.  BUT it sounds completely normal to me!  I had slight cramping in the beginning also! So, don't worry too much!!  And being sick to your stomach is COMPLETELY normal. It may even get worse...or it may get better.  I had morning sickness the first few weeks & then I was fine.   Welcome to pregnancy. :-)

MalloryR
by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Morning sickness, if experienced at all, doesn't usually kick in until about 6 weeks. It hit me right on time. Cramping is an early pregnancy symptom as well. I had it for a while.
HuntersMomma362
by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Thats great news! Dont stress out physically and mentally, once you get past 14 weeks your chances of having a miscarriage is 0.5%
shjchica
by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I had light period crampings at the beginning of my pregnancy, but I didn't know I was pregnant at the time, I found out a few days later though. I NEVER had any form of morning sickness through my entire pregnancy. If it wasn't for my period being MIA I probably wouldn't have known until she stared moving. My light period like cramping lasted about a week or so then went away. I was around 6 weeks pregnant at my first OB appointment so I was probably 4 or 5 weeks along when I had first found out. If you're worried call your doctor (obviously call anyways for an appointment). But hopefully you should be alright - I started out just like you and I now have an almost 5 month old DD :)

NatyRod
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Mild period like cramping in early pregnancy is very common.. Had them till like about 6-7 weeks and then I glamourlesly treated them for all day nausea instead. Lol. I know how scary and uncertain it can be after a MC (I had one last November) but I think is something we all through... I'm almost 12wks preggers with out first child and thank God so far so good... Rest, hydration, and prenatal, and u should be just fine also! The best of luck to u and congrats. :)
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on May. 25, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Cramping is very normal for early pregnancy. And everyone is different as far as other symptoms. I didn't have any nausea or really annoying symptoms until 7 weeks with my last baby. As long as you aren't cramping severely or bleeding, generally you don't need to worry.

Daniellesmom17
by on May. 25, 2013 at 1:26 AM
I had a mc in Feb too. Every pregnancy is different and all those symptoms sound normal to me. I'm pregnant again too should be about seven weeks and I'm just trying not to stress
elly.H
by on May. 25, 2013 at 1:38 AM
No sweety, with my dd I had 0 morning sickness and with this one it's all day every day for 21 weeks now. I would go to the er just to get an early u/s and see if everything is okay and let them know that you had a m/c. Some cramping is normal but I would go just to make sure
Best of luck and keep us posted
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)