Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

post c section ? tmi sorry

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:34 PM
  • 47 Replies
I had my beautiful baby boy on the 17th via c section I feel amazing for just having been cut in half and stapled back together. But its been a week and I'm yet to poop... I am on iron and a stool softener so hopefully those will kind of cancle eachother out. I don't feel bad but I'm getting a little worried that if I wait much longer its going to be aweful. Any tips? I took some milk of magnesia this am but no poo yet..
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:42 PM

That can be extremely dangerous and signal a problem. I highly suggest calling your Dr!

EThompson
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I agree I've had 2 c-sections and never had that problem. Actually I had my first BM before I left the hospital. I would call the doc. in the AM and see what they say.

Quoting NoraDun:

That can be extremely dangerous and single a problem. I highly suggest calling your Dr!

AmericanChild82
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Try some prune juice. Mix it with grape juice to kill the icky flavor. It's not safe to go that long. It can cause a nasty infection.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Most hospitals wont allow you to leave without having a bowel movement after major surgeries!

Quoting EThompson:

I agree I've had 2 c-sections and never had that problem. Actually I had my first BM before I left the hospital. I would call the doc. in the AM and see what they say.

Quoting NoraDun:

That can be extremely dangerous and single a problem. I highly suggest calling your Dr!

harleysmom30
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I talked to her yesterday she suggested the milk of magnesia.

Quoting NoraDun:

harleysmom30
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM
I had to pass gas but they didn't make me actually go. I didn't have any problem after my last c section I went the next day uneventfully

Quoting NoraDun:

Most hospitals wont allow you to leave without having a bowel movement after major surgeries!

Quoting EThompson:

Quoting NoraDun:

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Id try some apple juice/sauce ... maybe a salad couple apples. Don't over do the fiber but maybe adding some will help.

I've had 2 csection and within a couple days had a BM, I took stool softners until I could cough, sneeze, and push with no pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EThompson
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats what would make me worry. Maybe if you call your L&D department since it is after hrs and now the weekend they may be able to shed a little light on the situation since your Doc. said try that and it didn't work either. Just a thought

Quoting harleysmom30:

I had to pass gas but they didn't make me actually go. I didn't have any problem after my last c section I went the next day uneventfully

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting EThompson:

Quoting NoraDun:

SarahMommie
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Are you breast feeding? Possibly need to drink more water. Even if your not breast feeding you could be dehydrated :-)
mamalove619
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd go to the hospital or at least call someone.. I went three days after mine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN