Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HCG level too high??

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:01 PM
  • 4 Replies
My LMP was 4/21. Got my BFP at 18 DPO. Went to have an ultrasound at 20 DPO. They couldn't see a sac but my HCG levels were already at 1646. Is that a good thing? I stopped cramping yesterday and have not bled since my LMP. I'm just worried because when they did the vag ultrasound they couldn't find the sac. Is it too early? I have asked this before but haven't really gotten answers.
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
nicole2884
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this
That's a great hcg level
As far as sac I think it
Was to early my doctors policy is not to do one before 7 wks because it tends to freak the moms out
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope sounds normal!

lovebugs_mom906
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I was just shy of 6 weeks at my first u/s. we could see the sac and what might have been a heart beat, but my doctor warned me that it could've been my heart beat we were seeing. My first blood draw showed my HCG # at 21194, or something close to that. I went back a week later, and I was measuring 7 weeks exactly. We could see the heart beat, and the beginnings of a baby. If you're only 4-5 weeks, you won't see much on any u/s. and I would say your numbers are within the normal range too. Relax! :-) I had a lot of cramping too, right around 4-5 weeks - totally normal.
babyfish0511
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Ah! Thank you ladies so much! Today was my first day not cramping and I was so glad to have read this! I have Googled like crazy and couldn't find an answer! I am very happy and not the least bit worried now :)) Thank you!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)