Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant and feeling alone

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:14 PM
  • 9 Replies
I'm 6 months pregnant with my second child. My boyfriend has barely spoken to me since we found out I was pregnant. Before this happened he was happy and talking about kids and marriage with me. Now all we do is fight. He won't help me around the house. Won't sleep in the same bed. Asks me to work more than the 50 hours a week I work already. Barely works himself. I feel alone. What should I do?
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Sorry hun, hope it works out!

bear.katten
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Um... leave him?? He sounds like he's hurting you more than helping you....
EThompson
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Try to talk to him let him know how you feel and why you are feeling this way. Maybe he doesn't realize what he is doing. It is very possible that the stress of a new baby on the way (no matter how wanted or unwanted) could be getting to him and he just doesn't know how to deal with it. Besides that I'm not sure just remember you arn't alone you always have us here on Cafemom. I myself am 25wks 1 D and due the 5th of Sep. we could be close in due dates.

Ashnmimi09
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:56 PM
I am due September 4th. But having c section on August 28th. I have spoken to him. A few times. Just doesn't work. :(
shell3m
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

tell him to help out or get out.  It's a man's place to help.  Everybody needs understanding and love and if he's not giving you that and you make your own money then screw him.  Sorry if that's blunt but I don't play around because I can be sad on my own, I don't  need want a man who makes me sad.  they are supposed to enrich your life...not bring you down.  ((Hugs))

CafeMom Tickers
EThompson
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:47 PM

I agree if you have tried talking to him and it dosen't work then you don't need him. 

Quoting shell3m:

tell him to help out or get out.  It's a man's place to help.  Everybody needs understanding and love and if he's not giving you that and you make your own money then screw him.  Sorry if that's blunt but I don't play around because I can be sad on my own, I don't  need want a man who makes me sad.  they are supposed to enrich your life...not bring you down.  ((Hugs))

EThompson
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:50 PM

That's cool our due dates are only 1 day apart and I am also having a c-section and planning for Aug. 28th but haven't set that in stone with the doc. yet. So if we both make it to our scheduled date our baby's could have the exact same b-day.

Quoting Ashnmimi09:

I am due September 4th. But having c section on August 28th. I have spoken to him. A few times. Just doesn't work. :(

toddler girltoddler girl expecting girl

KPJ
by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry about what you going thru.. I am in a similar situation I too feel super lonely :( my dh and I have grown apart and more than likely I will end up divorcing him later on....
The funny thing is my due date is September 3rd but I'm getting a c-section on August 28th! Lmao!

Quoting Ashnmimi09:

mamaanl
by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

That's tough.  He's the father of your child so naturally you want him there with you & for you all to be a family together.  However, the way he is acting is not fair at all.  He definitely needs to be pulling his weight working as much as he can.  You shouldn't have to be working over 50 hours a week while you are 6 months pregnant.  He should be helping out.  

Talk to him & let him know how you are feeling & tell him what you want from him. If he doesn't want to change then tell him to get out.  What's the difference in kicking him out if he's already not realling "being there" even though he's living with you.  He may just need a little kick in the butt to straighten up.  Good luck!  Hope everything works out for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)