Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnant on the first try?

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 2:53 AM
  • 59 Replies

How many moms got pregnant on the very first try or first time without conception?  Seems to have happened to me twice in a row now.  I remember because we had used bc all the way up until the very month I conceived and my current baby's conception date seems to be right on the date we did it the first time w/ out any bc.

by on May. 25, 2013 at 2:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama_heather
by on May. 25, 2013 at 4:30 AM

Baby 1 was first try, then ectopic while on BC (very fertile here), and this baby was first try.

jessymoka
by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM
My 3rd child is first try and this (my 4th) is first try.
I always say they were meant to be. <3
2timezthefun
by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:35 AM

We did with out first which turned out to be a real surprise because we ended up having twins. 

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 9:53 AM

my first was our first time with no bc.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2013 at 9:56 AM
2 moms liked this

Only the lucky ones! It does happen, and should truly be considered a blessing. Took me 3 yrs with #1, almost 3 yrs with #2, 12 months with #3, and this baby took just over 2 1/2 yrs!

siindy0625
by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Bby #1 first try bby #2 first try bby #3 took me a couple months.
ittyprincess604
by on May. 25, 2013 at 10:06 AM

this baby was the month after I quit BC. I dont know about the first time we had sex without BC but I quit BC in August. September i was pregnant.

Terpsichore
by on May. 25, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

First baby took a year and a half. Expected similar results when we started for baby #2, happened first try.

Original post confused me some: took me a while to realize you meant without contraception instead of without conception.

rwcw89
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:12 AM

with my first pregnancy it was the first try (started in nov, my dec af was 2 days early, by the time i got my bfp in jan i had all the symptoms so i think i was almost 6 weeks when i tested but never got it confirmed with doc). then it took us 4 months after the mc, im sure it wouldve happened sooner but our timing was off. 

MichaelsCasey
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:24 AM
My third baby happened on the first try :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)