Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Doc says impending miscarriage but baby is OK?

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 5:25 PM
  • 22 Replies

First off, Im 12 weeks 3 days with my 2nd child. So the past 3 days I have been to the ER twice for vaginal bleeding. The first time wasnt too traumatic, my fiance and i were having sex and there was blood so we went just to be sure the baby and I were OK. This morning at 6am, I woke up and my panties were soaked in blood. I went to the bathroom and there was so much blood in the toilet I freaked out, woke him up and fainted. We rushed to the ER, they admitted me right away having been seen two days before with a threatened miscarriage. They give me an IV for fluids. An ultrasound that showed the baby was ok and active with a steady heartbeat. The ultrasound also confirmed no bleeding behind my cervix or under my uterus. They gave me a pelvic exam and found and removed a blood clot the size of a golf ball. (TMI so sorry) The first ER visit the exam wasnt too stressful, the doc said there was some clotting but nothing bad. The second ER visit they found exessive clotting. ????? The bleeding as now stopped and my vitals improved. The doc says she wants me on bed rest which is understandable, but that there is still possibility that i may miscarry. what i dont understand is if my cervix isnt showing signs of miscarriage and the baby is perfectly fine, why did she diagnose my situation as impending miscarriage? I am so confused. I dont want to lose my baby. I dont want to wake up everyday scared of losing my baby. both docs at 2 different hospitals told me the same thing but didnt really tell me anything if that makes sense.

If anyone can please open my eyes, even just a little, id really appreciated. Im so scared, Im nervous. I dont want to stress :/

by on May. 25, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
butterbean491
by on May. 25, 2013 at 5:47 PM
I'm sorry I can't offer any advice. I miscarried years ago, but there was nothing that could done at all. I sure hope Dr's are wrong and I will be praying for you. Just remember, Dr's aren't always 100%. Try to stay positive as much as possible. Stressing can make situation worse.
Larsbug
by Laura on May. 25, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't stress out about it, maybe she just wants you to be aware that it COULD happen, not that it WILL happen, if that makes sense.

PinkHart
by on May. 25, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
That's what they label pretty much ALL bleeding before 20 weeks with no other diagnosis. (Like placental abruption) Threatened Abortion is just the standard blanket diagnosis.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by on May. 25, 2013 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I wen to the ER as well for bleeding. Was told I had a miscarriage. Have your blood tested again in a week to check your levels. Doctors have no idea why some women have lots of bleeding, but most problems start out with bleeding so they're just covering their own asses by saying bad things could happen. My son was born perfectly fine, we didn't have any other complications. Just the week of heavy bleeding and cramps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maria_Peanut
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Exact same thing happened to me. My daughter is right here :) Don't worry , mama !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AshleyPie
by on May. 25, 2013 at 7:41 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm not trying to scare you, it's really the last thing I want to do. But I do what you to be aware and not go around thinking everything will be fine, when their may be a chance their wont be. Tuesday night I started spotting. Wednesday I went in, they did an ultrasound, everything looked great. Baby was moving around, had a good strong heartbeat, everything looked fine. But the bleeding just kept getting worse. A few hours later I miscarried.
The good thing is that your bleeding has stopped, so that's a good sign. Just please take it easy. Stay in bed. Only get up if you really have to. I hope everything turns out ok for you!
mamakristena210
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Thy have to say that for the what if cause miscarriages can come out of no where I started spotting when peed then it got worse so went in and ultrasound showed good heartbeat cervix was closed bleeding even stopped for day then came back full force and when I went in my cervi was open and no baby to be found:( NOW OF COURSE this doesn't mean it's happening to you Hun just sayin if docs would've just been like ur goooddd it would've got bad butbjustvrelax take it easy and no sex. Sex could've just made U bleed prayers for u tho and gl
SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Your doctor is not an all knowing god so if the baby looks good I would try not to worry. :) 

Good luck, honey!

jazelise1
by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Thanks everyone. I am trying to stay positive. Took a nap but woke up with a headache. No bleeding though and no pain. Still taking it easy till my appt wednesday for our check up.

HisB0107
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM

She could be saying it just to cover her butt, I know it sucks I really do. My last pregnancy was "threatended miscarriage" because my progesterone dropped and my hcg levels stopped rising at the pace that they were. My son is now 6 months old. Since the bleeding is under control, and baby is ok, then I would try not to stress about it. Rest, drink loads of water and just try to relax ((I know easier said than done)). Big hugs Momma, hang in there

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN