Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do I have a right?

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:02 PM
  • 15 Replies
So I went into the er last night because of my cough.

They did blood tests and they found blood clots....so I had to get a cat scan (they double protected me) and I signed a consent form.

But I want a full ultrasound before I go home.

I havent had a full ultrasound yet.

And since I had to have a chest x ray and ct scan, I do have a right to request one just to make sure they are safe right? and i am not talking with a small portable machine they used at the er last night. Im talking one so i can fully see

Now I am only 9 weeks and 2 days. So they are so tiny
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:03 PM
They should give you one, but if they don't, call your regular provider. My old gyno would give me ultrasounds whenever I asked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Well im at a hospital that wont be my main hospital after next weekend.

My insurance is changing and this hospital doesnt take that.

My first prenatal is on friday at 9am.

Quoting polkaspots:

They should give you one, but if they don't, call your regular provider. My old gyno would give me ultrasounds whenever I asked.

MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:06 PM
And they didnt mention anything about giving me one. I told my nurses that I needed ti speak to whatever doctor is here.

Quoting polkaspots:

polkaspots
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:10 PM
So they take the insurance you currently have? Then request one. Your insurance might fight you on it since you're requesting it instead of being given it because the doctor orders it, but you'd win. The hospital is there to provide you with medical services. You wouldn't ask a mechanic if they would change your oil, you would request it because that's their job. Same concept.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

And they didnt mention anything about giving me one. I told my nurses that I needed ti speak to whatever doctor is here.

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Okay.

Hopefully the doctor comes in soon.

Quoting polkaspots:

So they take the insurance you currently have? Then request one. Your insurance might fight you on it since you're requesting it instead of being given it because the doctor orders it, but you'd win. The hospital is there to provide you with medical services. You wouldn't ask a mechanic if they would change your oil, you would request it because that's their job. Same concept.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Quoting polkaspots:

polkaspots
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:22 PM
I know that was a crappy analogy, but it was all I could think of. I'm sure your baby is fine, but its so much easier to have the ultrasound so you'll be able to sleep tonight.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Okay.

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:27 PM
No it was fine and made sense.

I have a feeling ill have to wait for my next shift nurse to get here.

Ive asked twice for the on call doctor....and theyve said theyd get him.

And my husband just said I needed one as well.

Quoting polkaspots:

I know that was a crappy analogy, but it was all I could think of. I'm sure your baby is fine, but its so much easier to have the ultrasound so you'll be able to sleep tonight.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Okay.

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Quoting polkaspots:

polkaspots
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:33 PM
You're in the hospital because you're sick, right? Then it makes total sense for you to check on your baby. That's what you're supposed to do when you feel baby could be ill or in danger. Waiting seems like a good idea if the people you're asking now aren't helping.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Okay.

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:34 PM
I have blood clots in my lungs.

Went to the er last night for what i thought was bronchitis.

And they took it to the next level.

Quoting polkaspots:

You're in the hospital because you're sick, right? Then it makes total sense for you to check on your baby. That's what you're supposed to do when you feel baby could be ill or in danger. Waiting seems like a good idea if the people you're asking now aren't helping.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Okay.

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Quoting polkaspots:

polkaspots
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:38 PM
That was my point, there's something wrong with your body, so you should check on the tiny body inside of you. It just seems like the right thing to do to me. Having any lung issues is a huge health concern for your unborn. I'm just trying to make sure you push for the ultrasound since you are worried about your baby.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

I have blood clots in my lungs.

Went to the er last night for what i thought was bronchitis.

And they took it to the next level.

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Okay.

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured