Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

This is so dumb..but can I take a bath?

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:05 PM
  • 31 Replies

I feel like this is a really stupid question, but I keep hearing different things everywhere! Im 12 weeks. I would say I like to take my baths a little on the hotter side, but not so hot that I have to ease into the tub or can't stand being in there. I just get cold easy (even more so while pregnant), and I just like the temperature to be "cozy". I CAN take showers, but I really prefer baths because I have an ankle injury that makes standing in the shower not so fun sometimes. So what's the word. Can I or can I not take baths? I feel like so much garbage info is given to us, and I have no idea what's true or not! Please help. :( I just wanna have a warm bath with a candle andn listen to some relaxing music lol. 

by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amycrow0949
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Warm baths are fine but just not to hot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ktcat217
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Lol, but that's what I'm having the problem with. What is "too hot"? DF says my baths are too hot for him, but they're comfortable for me. Should I trust my body or what? Lol. 

Quoting amycrow0949:

Warm baths are fine but just not to hot.

luckynumbr3
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and last night I had a nice warm bath by candlelight :) so yes girl enjoy! Comfortable temp but not too hot:)
polkaspots
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Hot tubs are a no because of the germs, chemicals and because for most women it causes discomfort. But if you know your bathtub is clean, there's no infection risk. I had problems with heat during both pregnancies. Hot showers and warmish baths made me uncomfortable, sort of like the baby was tensing up. It comes down to common sense. If it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. Enjoy your bath, but don't fall asleep in it. That's a bad idea just in case it does start to bother you and it doesn't wake you up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ktcat217
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Oh, well yeah. I know hot tubs are a no-no. I don't like my baths quite that hot lol. I'm having problems with cold for my pregnancy, so I love warm blankets and baths. Oh my gosh! People fall asleep in baths? I've never heard that. I'm too busy singing Roger Miller while I'm bathing to fall asleep :)

Quoting polkaspots:

Hot tubs are a no because of the germs, chemicals and because for most women it causes discomfort. But if you know your bathtub is clean, there's no infection risk. I had problems with heat during both pregnancies. Hot showers and warmish baths made me uncomfortable, sort of like the baby was tensing up. It comes down to common sense. If it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. Enjoy your bath, but don't fall asleep in it. That's a bad idea just in case it does start to bother you and it doesn't wake you up.

ktcat217
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:24 PM

good Woooh!

Quoting luckynumbr3:

I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and last night I had a nice warm bath by candlelight :) so yes girl enjoy! Comfortable temp but not too hot:)

jamamama00
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG of course you can! Some people want to deny pregnant women any comforts or pampering (hair dye, bathing, etc) and use the excuse that it's dangerous for the baby. They have that "all sacrificing mother" mentality.  It's bullcrap. Your baby will be fine. Treat yourself!

polkaspots
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Dh falls asleep, my little sister used to too. Just remember that if it starts to make you uncomfortable, you should get out. I've actually been having issues with being cold so far with this pregnancy too. With my other two it was heat, and it was terrible. I could take hot showers or use the oven. I had to use the back burners on my stove which meant I had to keep scrubbing the back of it and leaning over. But with this pregnancy I'm just so cold all the time. I have no idea why.

Quoting ktcat217:

Oh, well yeah. I know hot tubs are a no-no. I don't like my baths quite that hot lol. I'm having problems with cold for my pregnancy, so I love warm blankets and baths. Oh my gosh! People fall asleep in baths? I've never heard that. I'm too busy singing Roger Miller while I'm bathing to fall asleep :)

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CarolinaGirl88
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:28 PM
I took warm baths all the time when I was pregnant with my daughter, and I've been doing the same thing this time around too. Being pregnant and taking showers makes me get really lightheaded so it's just easier for me to do baths. As long is it's not too hot it's ok.
ktcat217
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Yes! Finally! Thank you. That's exactly what my mother says, lol.  I just wanna wash my hair for crying out loud  :(

Quoting jamamama00:

OMG of course you can! Some people want to deny pregnant women any comforts or pampering (hair dye, bathing, etc) and use the excuse that it's dangerous for the baby. They have that "all sacrificing mother" mentality.  It's bullcrap. Your baby will be fine. Treat yourself!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN